1 - INCEPTION

KAYLA looked around after she alight from the car. She arrived at her old school, St. Andrews Institute of Science and Engineering. She felt nostalgic when she saw the students, parents and students alike lurking around the campus. It was twelve years ago the last time she walked this very place. It was also her graduation day in high school.

She smiled when her eyes caught the faces of her previous teachers and a few other familiar faces that might be her classmates or acquaintances.

"Damn! I feel so old."

She chuckled when she heard her good friend, Bernadette. She was standing beside the passenger seat.

Bernadette was her friend since the 5th grade. They went to the same school. They got separated when she left after graduation in high school.

"Is that our math teacher?" She followed where she pointed. "He's still alive?!"

She laughed at her friend's shocked face. "Come on, let's go."

A middle aged teacher approached them and gave her a copy of the school program. She was guided to where she should be. She let her friend loiter around as she reminisce their high school life.

A few minutes later, she was walking with the entourage. She sat beside the current school principal.

She looked around again. Bernadette saluted her when their eyes met.

The program follows through until her name was called for her part. She smiled at the master of ceremony as she approached the podium.

She faked a cough as she stands before the graduating class.

"Not long ago today, I was in your place. However, what I have back then were excitement and anger. I was excited because I was looking forward for the life after high school. Anger because of the bottled-up resentment against people.

"To be honest, I was surprised when I received the letter inviting me to deliver a message for this graduating class. You see, I did not graduate on top of my class. I was not even a president of any organization. I was not a commanding officer or a cheerleader. I was not an achiever as a student. I was a rebel back then."

She smirked when a few of the audience chuckled.

"However, my high school experiences mold me for what I am today. The betrayal, the anger, the anguish inspired me to become as successful as I can be. I told myself back then, when I earn my first million I am going to visit the people who underestimated me and show them how wrong they were. But then, my first million was not enough. I worked hard until my money doubled, tripled, and so on."

She stopped and looked at her audience again. She saw hope and admiration in their eyes. They were hooked at her words.

"Good grades could lead you somewhere but perseverance could lead you to where you wanna be. Find yourself an inspiration. Hopefully a positive one. Please do not follow my example. Mine was a negative one that brought forth so much angst."

Most of the people that nodded were adults and teachers.

She took a deep sigh. She glanced at the parents and teachers before continuing.

"To the educators, be careful with what you do or say. Your action can make or break your students."

She looked around and find a specific person. Her eyes linger at a certain teacher. The said individual nodded and smiled at her.

"Back then, I would have appreciated what you have done to my so-called friends but when you bad-mouthed me to their parents without knowing what I did to keep them from the harm's way, it was the last thread of my respect for you. I hope you are happy that you broke my trust to the people like you in general. You broke me, Mrs. Gutierrez. I hope you don't go to your students house to tell their parents that their friends are bad influence when you didn't know their story."

On that note, stepped down from the stage. She walked towards the exit as whisper followed until she hear no more.

She breath a lungful of fresh air as her friend walk with her towards the car.

"Feeling better, K?"

"I am now."