13 - MEET THE PARENT

AFTER exhaling loudly Kayla knocked on Heidi's front door. A few seconds later, an older woman peeked at the slightly opened door. She was Heidi's mother.

"Good evening."

"Good evening. You must be Kayla."

"Yes, ma'am."

The older woman opened the door. She then followed her as they proceed towards the kitchen. She found Heidi putting the silverware inside the cupboard.

"Have you eat dinner?"

"Yes, ma'am." She smiled at Heidi when their eyes met. "Hey."

"Hey, Kayla. Coffee?"

"Yes, please. Where's little Diego?"

"Already asleep. He had a long day."

She sat opposite Heidi's mother when the young woman gestured for her to sit.

When her coffee was serve, Heidi sat beside her.

She knew that the older woman was observing her. Heidi already mentioned that she already told her mother about the proposal.

"You're prettier than my daughter."

"Thank you."

"Why did you proposed? Are you a lesbian?"

She looked at the older woman's eyes. "I am a lesbian, ma'am. I also like your daughter."

"Or is it has to do with Victor?"

"Victor has nothing to do with my decision. Besides, I'm also old enough to start a family." She explained.

Heidi and she decided not to disclose the truth about the proposal. They wanted to keep the truth to themselves.

"My daughter never had a relationship except with that coward. Heidi is straight. I don't think your relationship should continue."

"Mrs. Capinpin, I could bend your daughter." She smiled when older woman's eyes widen. " I mean, we could start with getting to know each other."

"My daughter already have a son."

"Little Diego is not an issue. I could treat him as my own."

"Everybody say that."

"I know but I fell in love with Diego even before I met your daughter."

Mrs. Capinpin turned to her daughter. Here eyes were asking for confirmation.

"Kayla saved Diego when he was about to have an accident. We met there." Heidi explained.

"When was that?"

"A few weeks ago."

"Weeks? And now you want to get married?!"

She chuckled. Mrs. Capinpin looks scandalized.

"Your daughter haven't said yes yet."

Still serious, " Do you even have a job, Kayla? You're maybe rich but do you even work a day in your life?"

"Yes, ma'am. I have a few investment. I can assure you that your daughter and grandson will never get hungry."

The old woman looked at her daughter again for assurance. The latter nodded.

"Are you decided, Heidi?"

"Yes, mom."

"Alright." Mrs. Capinpin stood up. "I'll leave you now. I hope for the best for the both of you."

They said thank you in unison. Their eyes followed Mrs. Capinpin as she left. They looked at each other and smiled in relief.

"By the way," they both turned to the older woman when she came back. "I want more grandkids. Do whatever magic science do these days."

Their eyes widen even if the old woman finally left them. "Mom!"

She laughed when Heidi almost pulled her hair in embarrassment.

"I don't mind though."

"What?"

"I don't mind having another child."

Heidi's plump lips went ajar. She had an urge to pull her for a kiss.

"B-but..."

"If we go through this, I intend to make it real as it can be."

"W-what? I thought it's just a-----"

"Yeah but I don't mind making it real."

"I'm straight, Kayla."

"I know. I told your mother that I can bend you."

"Kayla-----"

She put her restrain in the wind. She pulled Heidi and taste the young woman's inviting lips.

She was right. It was indeed soft. She deepened the kiss. It was not hard to do since her mouth is already ajar.

When she lifted her lips, Heidi's eyes were as big as saucers. She grin and peck her lips again.

She stand and sip her coffee. It was almost cold.

"I'll see you around, Miss Capinpin. You knew where to find me when you finally decided."

She let herself out.

She bit her lower lip. She wanted to have more of those lips.

She likes strawberry, huh.