8 - A MOTHER'S DILEMMA

"MOMMY duty, huh."

Heidi glanced at the woman beside her. It was Kayla King. She looked back at stock of powdered baby milk. She just stood there and ignored her.

"Everything alright?"

She chose to give her a forced smile than utter a word. She reached for Diego's milk and put it in the basket before walking away.

She felt her shadowing her as she proceed on getting more supplies.

"Is that for you?"

"Huh?" She pointed at the thing in her hand.

She was surprised after seeing the shaving cream. She put it back.

The tall woman reached for her basket and carry it herself. She did not protest as they walked towards the line to pay for it.

"I'll take you home."

"No need. I'll hail a cab."

Without saying anything, Kayla left her carrying her supplies. She followed her to the car.

She put the supplies in the backseat before opening the passenger door. Obediently, she deposit herself in the car.

The drive was quiet. She looked outside the window. Her mind is somewhere else.

She was startled when the door beside opened. She did not noticed the car has stop and she was already beside her house.

"Thank you, Miss King."

"No worries."

"You want to come in?"

"You seems tired to entertain a visitor."

She did not respond. Miss King gave her the bag of supplies.

"Do you want to talk about it?

She look at her face. She appeared concern.

"Do you have time?"

"I have a couple of hours. I charge by the hour."

She smiled. "Invite yourself in."

Silence welcome them as they enter the house. She turn on the light as they went to the kitchen.

She put the supplies in the cupboard.

She knew that her guest is following her movement. Thankful that she respects the silence between them.

She made coffee for the both of them. She found her sitting in one of the chairs in the dining table.

She put the coffee down and sat opposite hers.

"Thank you."

She nodded before sipping the coffee. She took a deep sigh.

"He found us."

"Is that a problem? Where's Diego?"

"He was with my mom. They went out of town to visit my uncle."

The tall woman nodded. Silence engulf them as they drink their coffee.

"He went to the school. He told me that he is ready to become a father to my son. I told him that we don't need him anymore. He made a scene."

She took another deep breath.

"He kneeled in front of my colleagues and students. He apologized. I was very embarrassed. I didn't expect him to be like that. He seems different."

She exhaled. She looked at her company when she did not utter a word.

She was staring at her, too. "Why don't you give him another chance?"

"I can't." She shook her head.

"Why?"

"He told me to get rid of my child when I told him that I was pregnant. I can't forgive him for that." Tears started to fall in her cheeks. "I understand that we were both young and scared but telling me to murder my child was unforgivable."

She cover her face with both of her hands and started sobbing.

She composed herself and wiped the tears in her cheeks. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine. What are you going to do now?"

"I will file a restraining order against him."

"He has the right to be with his child, you know."

"He lost his right when he told me to kill my child. Besides he was not stated in my son's birth certificate."

"That's one thing but he could ask for a DNA test to prove his claim."

Tears fell like a waterfall from her eyes. Miss King has a point.

"I don't want him to become a part of my son's life." Her voice hoarse from crying. Only her gentle sob surround them.

"I have a proposition."

========,=========

Please also check my other book entitled 'Sweet Surrender'. It's already completed.

Thank you.

-JM