Midnight Visit | Drabble #1

Aside from the noise of the night life in Seoul, all that was heard in the middle of a soundless house were soft, padded footsteps.

Amisdt his tiredness, Jungkook had his shoulders slightly hunched up in anticipation of any sound that he could produce, potentially waking one of his hyungs up. He had a hand in the pocket of his sweatpants and a hand running though his hair as he trudged through the hallway, stopping behind the door of a room he knew quite well.

After pulling his hand out of his pocket, he carefully placed it on the doorknob. Jungkook twisted it ever so slightly as to not make a sound. He started to push the door open just wide enough for him to squeeze through before silently closing it again.

Despite the faint city lights and dull moonlight being the only sources of light in the otherwise pitch-black room, Jungkook began to walk over to the bed pretty quickly. The countless number of times he ventured there just as he did that night was the sole reason Jungkook knew exactly where it was.

Once he got to the foot of the bed, he lifted the comforter up and slid in under it, pulling it up to his neck and sighing contently at the warmth it provided.

As he was in the midst of getting into a comfortable position, a raspy voice broke the silence. "Jungkookie?"

"Mm, hyung?" Jungkook's words were low and jumbled because of the sleep that didn't seem to vanish during his journey to Jimin's bed.

"Why are you here?" Jimin questioned as he peeked at the boy beside him. "I mean, I don't mind, I'm just wondering...," Jimin's quiet words faded, causing him to fail at completing his sentence as he fought to keep his eyes open.

"It was just really cold in my room, so I came over," Jungkook responded with a fond chuckle, turning his head to look over at Jimin. He knew the older boy didn't mean anything foul by asking that question; it was only mere curiousity. "You can go back to sleep, hyung."

"Mm," Jimin hummed. He clumsily scooted closer to Jungkook and wove his arm around Jungkook's stomach. "You're really warm," he mumbled, pulling Jungkook even closer. Jungkook's entire back was mostly against Jimin's chest at this point, and his head was a bit below Jimin's face.

Jungkook subconsciously leaned back a bit into Jimin's chest, relishing the warmth the older boy provided. A trace of a smile was still present on his face. "Well, that goes both ways, you know. It's as if you're a heater!"

It was Jimin who soflty chuckled this time. "And you're like my personal pillow."

"I can see why you say that, considering how tight you're holding me right now," Jungkook laughed quietly, glancing up at Jimin's soft features.

Despite what Jungkook said, Jimin showed no attempt to loosen his hold on the younger boy. It wasn't like Jungkook minded, though. He felt warm and safe.

A moment later, Jimin soflty pressed his lips to the back of Jungkook's neck, letting them linger there for a couple of seconds before slowly pulling back. His lips were just millimeters away from Jungkook's neck. "Mm, but I'm too tired to let go." A ghost of a smile was adorned his face as he drifted back into a deep sleep.