seven

in the morning, sherlock woke up before john and let him sleep as he packed up their things. he left out a pair of clothes for john then went into the kitchen, calling his mother about last night as he made himself a cup of tea. he sat in the kitchen as he spoke with his mother, getting on the phone with greg once he had finished his conversation with her.

around nine was when john came downstairs, dressed in the jeans and sweater sherlock had left out for him. "i'll call you when we get in, greg." sherlock said into his phone before hanging up and stuffing it into his pocket.

"did you pack my glasses case?" john asked sherlock.

sherlock nodded. "do you need them?" he asked as he walked over to john.

"yeah. i don't feel like dealing with my contacts." he said, resting his head on sherlock's chest. "when are we leaving?" he asked softly.

"whenever you want." sherlock said, rubbing john's back softly.

"okay." john said softly, pulling his face away from sherlock's chest and heading back upstairs.

sherlock followed after him, watching john dig through his duffle to try and find his glasses case, but then got frustrated so sherlock stepped in. he gave john his glasses then told him to go wait in the car, so john did that. sherlock packed up john's bag again then grabbed his own, leaving the cottage. he put the bags in the backseat before getting in the drivers side, glancing at john before starting the car.

the car ride to the station was quiet and then the train ride back to london was even more quiet. john looked like he had just witnessed someone pass away in front of him and sherlock hated seeing him like that. sherlock knew john was in one of his funks and he couldn't do anything about because john got short tempered and it would end up them being in a fight and then john would ignore sherlock for days and sherlock couldn't have that happen from what was going on.

once they got off the train and into the cab, john was on the phone with harry, telling her about what was going on. the conversation lasted for at least an hour and a half before john hung up and went to sherlock, sitting in his lap. sherlock set his phone to the side and held john, kissing his forehead.

"she wants to visit." john said, taking off his glasses. "i don't know if i want her to."

"did you tell her that?"

"she's my sister and she's just caring for me, but i don't want to face her right now." john said and looked up at sherlock. "does that make me a bad person?"

sherlock shook his head. "not at all. you just want time to yourself and i'm sure she'll understand that."

john nodded and sighed heavily, nuzzling sherlock's chest. "i know you want to go to the yard. i heard you talking to greg about it."

"he said he'd have someone bring it over."

john looked up at sherlock. "it's alright if you want to go in, i'll go with you. i want to see what he left at the cottage."

"are you sure?"

john nodded. "i am positive."

they both left the flat, getting a cab and heading to the yard. sherlock wasn't in official dress, he was in just jeans and a t shirt and everyone was shocked. he ignored everyone and told them to get back to work before taking john to his office.

"do they never see you in your normal clothes?" john asked as he sat in sherlock's desk chair.

sherlock shook his head and closed his blinds, using his normal cold glare to get everyone back to work. "they see the tattoo. that's why they're staring." he said, turning around and looking at john.