twelve

for their anniversary, sherlock and john went to the holmes estate in the mykonos which was beautiful and john could not get over the view. while john wondered about the house, sherlock hacked into his parent's security system and made sure all the inside cameras were off, leaving the outside ones and the house alarm on since what happened in france, people witnessed things on camera they didn't want to. once he finished, he went upstairs to find john on the balcony and walked up behind him, kissing his cheek.

"cameras are off. we are secluded from everyone else and i've had dreams about your anniversary present every night since you mentioned it." sherlock said then kissed john's neck.

john chuckled. "you have to wait." he looked at the view of the ocean, loving the smell and noises around him. "it's beautiful here. i love it."

sherlock rested his chin on the boy's shoulder. "we could walk around before our reservations, find good places for the next time we come here and get some snacks and drinks for the next few days."

"we should." john said then turned in sherlock's arms. "how's your side?" he asked, rubbing sherlock's hurt side gently.

"would you like to examine it?" sherlock asked, lifting up his shirt and exposing the now smaller and now green bruise.

john got on one knee, and pressed at the skin gently. "and how do your ribs feel?"

"they're fine, john." sherlock said then let his shirt down, pulling john up. "if you're worried about tonight, i'll be fine, love. i know my limits."

"i just don't want you to get hurt more."

sherlock gave john a kiss. "mike said i'm alright. the x rays showed that everything internally was well too. all my stitches are out and my ribs are healed. the only problem is my bruise and it's not as tender as last week, so it's fine."

"i just don't want it to be like last week." john said softly.

sherlock chuckled. "at least i know not to fuck you against the counter now."

john grinned. "you could. just bend me over next time."

"you dirty little thing." sherlock said, giving the boy's ass a light squeeze, causing him to giggle.

the two drove into town, walking around hand in hand at the different shops and views of the water. when they were at a market, sherlock's phone started ringing and he excused himself and walked away from john before he answered.

"hey, harry." he spoke into the phone.

"i've got five minutes. what do you need?"

"i wanted to do this in person, but we've both been busy and i just wanted to ask for your blessing." he said then let out a breath, pulling his phone away from his ear as harry shouted with glee.

"of course you have my blessing, ya bloody idiot!" harry said excitedly.

sherlock laughed softly and looked over at john with a smile as the boy inspected nectarines. "thank you, harry. talk to you soon." he said before hanging up and walking back over to john.

"who was that?" john asked sherlock.

"my parents asking if we settled in alright." sherlock said and took the nectarine out of john's left hand, putting it back. "that one's better."

john put it in the basket then looked at sherlock with a smile. "i love you."

sherlock returned the smile, giving john a quick kiss. "i love you, too."

when they got back to the villa, they put the things they bought then got ready for their date. sherlock picked where they went since he knew the area better and it was a gorgeous restaurant. it was overlooking a beach and the seating was outdoors and was lit by fairy lights and candles. they sat at their table and they both couldn't stop smiling like fools.