epilouge

sherlock opened the parlor door, letting john walk in first before walking in behind him. he smiled at the man behind the counter.

"the happy couple!" tj cheered, walking around the counter and giving john a hug. "congrats!"

john laughed, hugging his old friend back. "thanks." he let go then watched him walk to sherlock. "he doesn't do hugs."

tj rolled his eyes, sticking out his hand out for a hand shake. "sometimes it doesn't even look like he's capable of human emotions."

"tj, you know i'm fully capable of human emotions." sherlock said to the shorter man.

"i'm teasin'." tj said with a grin. "who's going first?" he asked, looking between the two.

"i am." john said.

sherlock took a piece of paper out of his pocket and handed it to tj, saying something quietly then tj smiled. "c'mon down to funky town, john." he said as he walked past john and to the back where a chair was. "jacket off and sleeve rolled up please." he said to john as he started getting things ready.

john took off his coat, handing it to sherlock before sitting down. he rolled his sleeve up, watching as tj set up the thing he needed. "alright, i'm gonna have to shave part of your arm." he looked at john.

"that's okay." john rested his arm on the rest, looking over at sherlock. he reached his other hand out for him. "how bad does it hurt?" he asked.

sherlock moves closer to the boy, taking his hand. "pretty bad. relax. it hurts more if your tense." he gave the boy a kiss.

tj plopped down on his stool, setting a paper down on his tray along with a can of shaving cream and a bottle of lotion. he took the towel off his shoulder and put it on his knee. "this is the less painful part." he said as he got john's inner arm wet a bit.

after shaving the spot inside john's elbow, tj put lotion on it before placing the sticker. "just remember to relax and breathe, johnny. it's small, so it won't take as long."

"and remember, no looking." sherlock gave john's hand a light squeeze as the gun turned on.

during the process, john kept his focus on sherlock, squeezing his hand with a tight pressure and didn't notice he was, but sherlock didn't mind. he spoke to tj, making sherlock flushed as he told him about their engagement. tj thought it was sweet and jokes about sherlock not having human emotions and sherlock joked back. it was their thing. when tj finished, john let go of sherlock's hand and noticed the bruise he made with his fingertips and instantly apologized.

"it's fine," sherlock smiled. he gave john a quick kiss. "how do you like it?" he asked.

john looked down at his inner elbow, taking a second to think of the roman numerals in his head. "is it our anniversary?" he asked, looking at sherlock with a smile.

sherlock nodded. "you like it?"

john gave sherlock a kiss, a hand coming up to his cheek. "i love it." he said when he pulled away.

"let me wrap it up then you can switch." tj said as he got up, going to the cabinets and taking out some foam wrap.

sherlock was on his back in the chair, holding onto john's hand tightly now as his rib cage was getting tatted. he kept his focus on the boy sitting and smiling down at him, telling him he was sorry for choosing such a painful place and sherlock smiled and told him it was fine.

"so when do you plan on having the wedding?" tj asked.

"not for another year or two. we don't want to do it right away." sherlock said. he rubbed his thumb along john's hand gently.

"can't blame ya. shit ton of money for one of those."

"yes, but sherlock's loaded like a baked potato. and his parents also offered to pay for half of it already." john watched sherlock roll his eyes.

"damn, sherlock. how long did you keep that a secret from john?" tj looked at the couple, stopping his work.

"until we moved into the flat." john said before sherlock could say anything.

"were you mad?" tj asked john.

"he was, but then i took him to barcelona and let him choose whatever we did. no matter the price." sherlock watched john roll his eyes this time then crossed his arms over his chest.

"good man." tj said the started again.

once tj finished, he wiped it off the let sherlock get up and look in the mirror. his rib cage was covered in honey combs with the chemical bond for honey and a few bees on the honey combs. he smiled and turned to the boy, smiling down at him. "i love it." he cupped the boy's face and kissed him deeply.

john smiled, kissing back. he pulled away and looked at the tattoo. "you did a good job tj." he smiled at his friend.

"good. it's the least i can do." tj smiled at the couple. "let me wrap you, sherlock then you can pay and go."

sherlock nodded then gave john another kiss before allowing tj to cover the fresh tattoo.

when the two got home, they settled into a bath with pizza and a bottle of wine, across from each other. sherlock stared at his gorgeous fiancée who had damp hair and a tipsy smile on his face as he held his third glass of wine in hand. he watched the boy with heart eyes as he sipped his wine before setting it down on the floor and getting closer. the boy slid between his knees, his hands on his knees as he neared his face.

"you're starring." john said softly.

sherlock hummed. "can't help it. you're stunning. absolutely stunning."

the only light on was the one above the mirror so it was dim, but sherlock could still see john's cheeks go red.

"you're too good for me." john rested his forehead against shelrock's.

"that's why i want to marry you." sherlock out his knees down, pulling john into his lap, careful not to pull the plastic off that they had put over his tattoo to prevent it getting wet.

john smiled. "i love you. i love you a lot."

"i love you more." sherlock gave john a lovingly kiss.

a/n: thanks for reading folks! check out posh and the tramp if you'd like, it's posh!john and tramp!sherlock. also, i will be publishing a new fic soon where sherlock and john are both teachers and i will be posting a christmas short story and that will be a teen!lock american au. keep an eye out for updates!