0.0

the irwins

ryan is fifteen and bitter at the world, with good reasoning. his mom died two years ago, and he can't get over it. he was always closer to his mom than he was with anyone. now he's stuck with his dad, who always seems too chipper around him. ryan sees right through it. he spends most of his time at uncle luke's house to be with his best friend, cassidy. she may be his best friend, but she probably encourages to do his school work more than anyone, because his grades have been slipping ever since his mom passed, and all of his homework seems to never end. he's also slowly giving up on baseball, something that he's loved to do since he was five, and, also, the only thing he ever did alone with his dad.

six year old aspyn hasn't got a clue on why her older brother is always so upset. she doesn't like it. all she knows is that mommy isn't around anymore. she vaguely remembers dressing in dark colors and seeing a lot of people cry - including her daddy, which scared her because her daddy never cries - but she still doesn't know why. her daddy said that she's gone, but she doesn't know exactly what that means. she doesn't want to ask him, because she's scared that he'll cry again, and she doesn't want that. she's always been daddy's little girl, and she doesn't want to upset him. she plans on asking uncle calum some time when she goes to play with kennedy, her "bestest friend in the whole wide world."

ashton doesn't know how he's supposed to do anything without her. he loved her so much, and so suddenly, she was taken from him. the only time he ever lost it in front of anyone was at the funeral. other than that, he's kept it together. he tries to stay happy for ryan, who will barely talk to him, but it's hard. he's not doing well, but he'll only ever talk to cassidy, and he has no idea how to handle the situation. aspyn is still his little ball of sunshine, and her smiling face is the only thing that can keep him together.

the hemmingses

cassidy is fourteen (almost fifteen, and she'll never let you forget it) and always has to have everything be in the right place, but if you call her a perfectionist, she'll bite your head off. she's the type of person who has to get an A on any paper, and is upset with herself if she gets anything lower. that's why everyone is so surprised to find out that she's best friends with ryan, but she thinks that's why they make such a great pair.

luke is confused on where his daughter picked up on the whole "perfectionist" thing (don't tell her he said that), but he just has to roll with it. just like he had to roll with his girlfriend deciding that she no longer wanted to stay with him, and she no longer wanted their kid, so she left cassidy with luke, and then left. sure, he was very upset about his girlfriend leaving him, and scared to be raising a kid on his own, but he wasn't really on his own. he had help from his three best friends, and calum's wife, and he thinks he did a damn good job. he's not wrong.

the cliffords

jordan thinks he's cool because he's the oldest in the "family" (meaning his own, and his "extended") and he has blue hair. of course, he's only older than ryan by two weeks, but he's still older. he takes after his dad in the way that he looks really tough with his ear pierced and dyed hair, but he's one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. he doesn't even have a best friend, he's just close with everyone in their family.

alex is six, almost seven, and the oldest of the youngest. that's what he always says. he takes pride in that because his brother is the oldest, and he likes to be just like his brother. that's how he ended up with a blue streak in this shaggy, blond hair. it isn't necessarily a bad thing that he likes to be just like his brother because he's just super nice to everyone. jordan pretends to be annoyed at times, but he really loves that his little brother looks up to him so much.

michael loves his family more than anything. their mom may be out of the picture, but they're still on good terms. she gets the kids every other weekend, and michael gets them the rest of the time. it was just clear that they were no longer working, so they broke it off. she found someone that she really loves, and everyone's happy, including the kids.

the hoods

chloe is fifteen, and is very similar to her dad. she does whatever she has to do to make other people happy. she just loves making other people smile. maybe that's why she considers jordan her best friend. she knows he doesn't like to use labels, so she doesn't ever say that around him, but he feels the same way. they have a complicated relationship.

kennedy is six, and is the most smiley little kid you'll ever meet. she's the person who laugh at any joke (which is why she's uncle luke's favorite) and who is always trying to make other people smile. she just likes making people happy, like her sister. it's a great trait to have, she just doesn't know it yet.

hudson is also six, and is kennedy's twin brother. they may be twins, but the two are very different. hudson definitely isn't the happiest kid, and tends to be very grumpy. it's really funny to watch the two together because kennedy is constantly trying to get him to smile, but he just continues pouting. he doesn't really have a reason to be so grumpy, he just is. everyone assumes that makes him mean, but his sister is always quick to defend him because he's actually very kind.

calum is just happy to even have a family and he's happy that they're so wonderful and kid and happy - for the most part. he's also confused because he somehow ended up being the only one with a wife, and he doesn't understand why. he seems to share her with all of the boys. she's just become the mother-figure for all of their children. it's hilarious.

all-in-all, they're just one big family. they look out for one another and they support each other. the boys have gotten so used to each other that being apart from any of them would be like missing a limb. their kids are growing up together, and they feel the same way.

-

i'm really not good at character descriptions and this took me like three hours to write and i'm not sure why it's all lower-case but it's meant to be that way okay the whole story won't be like that

also the story will be in third person narrative because it'll be easier than first person but i haven't done a story in third person since a story i wrote with my friends in like sixth grade so wish me luck

i'm literally so excited for this it's gonna be so cute and why am i starting a new story i don't know i'm sorry but basically daddy5sos is all i need in my life i'll try to get chapter one out soon i hope you liked this i love you