Chapter One

"See ya later, mom!" I yell out, grabbing my skateboard and heading out the front door.

"Be home by seven for dinner, sweetie!" She shouts before I could slam the door behind me, ignoring her.

It's not like I'm going to listen to her anyways. It'll be eleven o'clock before I even start walking back. I have a life of my own, ya know? She'll be a little upset, but she'll keep it to herself. She always does.

I don't really mean to sound like an ass, even though I know I do. She's just always sticking her head in my fuckin' business, stalking me, trying to keep track of every little damn detail. She even asks me if I remembered to wear underwear every morning before school. I'm 17, mom, not 7.

I'm standing at the end of my driveway right now, looking both ways, like I always have. Better safe than sorry. I start to ride down the street. 2215 Carlile Lain, Bellesville New Jersey.

I am on my way to town right now. I'll meet up with my friends, Ray and Bob, then go grab a bite to eat.

I skate up to the McDonald's about 6 minutes from the house. As I round the corner, I see Ray sitting on the bench, waiting for me.

"Hey, Princess Fro-Fro!" I shout.

His big bundle of hair flips around when he hears my voice and looks at me.

"I told you not to call me that, Gee!" He's frustrated with me for calling him his despised nickname. "The next time you call me that, I'll tell the whole school your new nickname is Gee-Bear!"

Uh-oh. I had better watch out. He isn't joking when he threatens you.

"Where's Bob?" I inquire, wondering where our long time best friend was.

"Oh, Bob's at his grandmother's house this week, remember? She's getting Alzheimer's and he wants to go see her before she moves to the nursing home."

"Shit, I totally forgot about that. Anyways let's go before we get in trouble for solicitation, again."

We start heading down the road, skateboards in hand. I put mine down for a second and pull a cigarette out of the package in my pocket, lighting it and inhaling.

"Man, sometimes you just need to go outside for a breath of fresh cigarette." I say before taking another drag.

I generally have my uncle buy them for me, as I'm only 17, and not yet old enough to buy cigarettes legally. My mother has no idea. She would cut my fingers off so I would never be able to smoke again. Ray used to smoke, but quit after he got grounded because his dad caught him. That's his fault. You need to know the rules of not getting caught doing something illegal. The first rule is:

1. Be as spectacular as me.

That's it.

Me and Ray are almost to the local cafe. I'd better put this out before I go inside.

----------------------