Chapter 2

(a/n I'm sure nobody cares, but I'm sorry it took me so long to update -Cameron)

Ring!!! Ring!!! Ring!!!

I pull my phone out of my pocket. It's Mom. I tell Ray I have to go home, and begin the walk to my house.

-------------

I'm walking down the street right now, each step bringing me a little closer to my doorstep. I've got a quarter of a mile to go, so I'm pretty close.

I'm almost to the corner of Cherry Street, to turn onto my street. The only problem is this weighing feeling in my stomach. It feels almost like my stomach is trying to hold me down and keep me from going home. I know exactly why, too. I will be in an assload of trouble when I get home. Today was the day report cards were supposed to come in, and I haven't really tried my hardest in school lately. The weighing feeling is kind of like an anxiety sort of thing, I suppose. I'm not too sure. I don't really think I'm ever sure of anything. You see, it may seem like I'm a super confident person and all, but that's just like a wall I put up so people can't see the real me. I really don't want people to see the real me. I have too many deep rooted emotional problems that I would rather not try to explain to anybody, considering the fact that no-one understands anyway.

I'm rounding the corner onto my street when suddenly I see a smooth jet black car. It's making its way down, very fast, swerving side to side. I know who's car that is. Some creepy ass old drunk a couple of blocks down. The older kids in the neighborhood used to tell me scary stories about him.

I'm on the sidewalk. He's really close now, and I'm scared. All of a sudden, the car turns rapidly to the side of the street I'm walking on.

--------------------

Everything is black now. I can hear people talking. They sound worried. I can hear sirens. I'm being lifted up into something.

Why can't I piece together what happened? Why can't I think of anything?

I'm falling asleep.

Deeply asleep.

-------------------------

I wake up to a bright light shining on my face, and an even brighter pair of the most gorgeous eyes I have ever seen.

"Oh, you're awake. I'm Doctor Iero. I'll be your Doctor for the next couple of weeks, until you recover. If you have any questions, feel free to ask."