Chapter 13: Regrets

Suho’s POV

“What have I done?”

“Sh*t! This is totally insane!”

I paused for a while, apprehending what happened.

I kissed the worm. That filthy ugly worm. This is lunacy!

I walked inside the bathroom and take the cold shower.

This is just some freaking hormones. Damn! Loosen up a bit please.

I just let the cold water touched my back hoping it will ease the intense heat building inside.

I’m just supposed to teach her a lesson, but heck; I ended up suffering my own consequences.

But you like it.

Another voice from my consciousness brags me.

I hate this feeling. I don’t know what to do.

After my quick shower, I just changed to some new sets of clothes and slumped myself to bed. I can’t sleep. The memories from the scene not an hour ago continue to flash. I kiss her, not once but thrice. I can feel her soft lips against mine. I touch my lips; her touch still lingers on them. Maybe I like her, maybe not. I can’t explain this feeling. When I knew what happened to her, I felt that I must protect her. I want her safe; I don’t want to see her suffer. When Baek hyun frantically told us that she was attacked again, I panicked. Blood drained inside my body as if I’m going to collapse in no time.

Flashback

“Hyung!!!!”

Baek hyun called my name panting.

“Where’s Finn?”, I questioned him.

He didn’t answer. I saw a single tear escaped his eye. My brow raised coz of curiosity.

“What Baek? Where is she?”

 Head lowered he answered. “I sent her home. Hyung, I’m sorry, she was attacked by her asthma again. But she said, she’s ok”. This time, I didn’t anwer.

“What???What have you done Baek?”, Kris hollered behind us.

“Sasaeng fans chased us, we run away. Then, she stops running, she said she can’t breathe but luckily she brought her nebulizer this time”, he narrated.

“If something will happen to her, I’ll kill you”, Kris said before he left Baek hyun in the bridge of crying.

I said nothing, I just clenched my fist. Nails digging inside my palms, I can feel the sting. This is my fault. I felt guilty.

After  the interrogation, I grabbed my jacket, and car keys. I must see her.

Present

Arms above my head, I forced myself into slumber. But the notion of sleep is scarce. I turned to my right, there; on my side table, a picture of two kids remained steady, around 10 years old and 9. The boy is holding a balloon in his right hand while his left arm is around the petite girl; with her cute pigtails, both hands portraying peace signs. Their faces radiate pure innocence and happiness. I can still remember when she always whined just to get her favorite ice cream. Time runs swiftly, were not that innocent anymore. The smile that she displays nowadays is not that sincere anymore. Something in her eyes shows pain and frustration. And I knew, I am the cause of it.

I am such a bastard in these past few years. Making her life miserable as much as possible. Seeing her suffer gives me victory and bliss. Maybe this is due to my pride that became shitty. I can still remember the first time I hear her sobs. It’s the very night that I provoked her inside the student council office. I just wanted to see her reaction, to confirm if she likes me.

Flashback

The day before the Student Council incident

I am at the Student garden now having our breakfast with my new bunch of friends. Yeah, new sets of friends…all in the Student Supreme body. I am quietly eating my lunch when I saw her passed by, my bestfriend Gwon Yeon Mi, my Finn. She’s walking fast as if in a hurry with 5 books in her grasped, walking behind her is Lee Seung Jun, one of my childhood friend. I sighed. I want to be with them but I must hanged out when this bunch of jetsetters.

“Joon Myeon, that girl, Gwon Yeon Mi…I think she likes you”, Song Ji Ro, one of my friend affirmed.

I just shrugged. She will never like me. According to her I am just Mr. Know-It-All Shitty Pants.

They‘re not aware about our twisted situation, Finn and I living in the same house…

“She never likes me”, I just answered still chewing my sushi.

“Nah, I saw her this morning, she’s bombarding you weird stares behind your back. I even saw her slipping a letter in your locker early this morning”, he continued.

If you just knew. That letter explained all her sulkiness towards me.

 “Ttry to make her jealous. Ah Rim-ah, could you help our Joon Myeon?”, he gestured to Jung Ah Rim, his cheerleader girlfriend that nobody knows, except me. Well his trying to keep it a secret so that it can’t ruin his image. What a crook!!!

“Sure,Ji Ro oppa, anything for you”, she said while giggling.

“Whatever”, I just answered.

Present

 I don’t even know that the plan will back fire. Yeah, I like her back during high school, friends supposed to love each other in a platonic way right? But I gave up when she said that she hated me. She became aloof and never talked to me after that. She committed herself in academics and strived hard to excel. Won the scholarship against me, went to America and study her brains out. When she’s back again, I knew she changed. I can’t see the old meek Finn, she’s fierce and strong, but still, her brown innocent eyes stay the same.

I looked at the digital clock at my side table, the red digits shows, 2:14 am. Is she still awake? Is she ok? Do I like her? Am I inlove? Thoughts that make my head burst due to confusion. I must sleep. I closed my eyes and think about her which brings me to Neverland.

 ******************************************************************************************************

How is it guys?

btw, thanks for reading this fic!!!!!!!!

∞Maffy