Chapter 2: Uncanny

It’s been weeks since she started working with Joondevil again. Attending photo shoots, being harass by crazy fans and plotting the enemy’s death is her everyday routine. Good for her, fans usually backed- off when they saw her, muttering things like, “here’s the creepy lady again”, “don’t stare she can kill you”, ”they said that she can curse you by just looking”, “ even EXO is afraid of her”, “poor oppas, stuck with this ugly thing”, and blah blah blah. Things which is quite unforgivable by normal persons, but to her, these were quite normal.

She sighed, looking at the members which are now posing for a clothing line they're endorsing. She was just seating at the corner of the room; staffs do not even bother to give her a glass of water or something to keep herself busy. She just stared at space blankly like a crazy person. She nearly jumped when someone patted her shoulders.

“Yah, filthy worm you’re dreaming again!”, the devil interfered with furrow eyebrows.

“What do you want?”, she bickered back.

“Where’s my towel? My water? Duh, you’re my assistant for Pete’s sake!”, he sarcastically said while rummaging his bag by his own.

Finn just eyed him in hatred and tried to block his annoying voice from entering her brain.

She creased her temples and averted her stares towards him.

“What?”, Jun myeon mumbled, he too stared at her back.

They shared electric gazes for a long time. The other members saw this and gasped in terror. They can even imagined dark clouds encircling both of them with a developing typhoon which is about to come. The studio’s atmosphere started to get creepy but both of them is still entice with their never ending battle.

Nobody wants to interfere, so Luhan pushed Sehun once again in between the two warlords. The maknae shivered as if he was electrocuted, and hung his head low to avoid both their gazes.

Finn diverted her gaze towards the window with her eyes still rolling due to annoyance. The devil just smirked for he knew he again won against her. Finn just lowered her head above her folded hands and shifted herself for a brief nap.

***

The photo shoot was over and she was awaken by a gentle hand messing her already messed locks. She saw Baek hyun smiling in front of her, gesturing her to go home.

Her shoulder sagged when she saw 3 full duffle bags that Jun myeon didn’t even bothered to carry himself. She’s about to grab one of the bags when Baekhyun grasped it discreetly and sheepishly smiled.

“Let me Finn, these are heavy. Let me handle this stuff”, he murmured and winked.

“Thanks Baek”, she whispered in gratitude.

“Thanks for talking”, Baek said while smiling, receiving a tweak on his right shoulders, he then frown.

“Yah, it hurts…I will never forgive you”, he gabbled while pouting.

Fin just furrowed her eyebrows, puzzled.

“Just do aegyo first”, Baekhyun mockered and gesturing his hands in his cheeks.

“Mmmmmm, Baekhyunnie~”, she uttered with a crimson blush painted on her cheeks. She looked down, averted her gaze towards her shoes, embarrassed.

“Whoa, my best friend is sooooo cute”, Baekhyun pinched Finn’s face; the latter whacked his hands afterwards.

Grabbing the bag that was left unattended, she exited the venue with Baekhyun trailing behind, balancing two heavy duffle bags both his shoulders with his own knap sack hugging his back.