Chapter 21: The Party, Part 2

She descended the stairs flabbergasted. Thoughts flooded her mind and drained her vitality about the reality that is happening now. The feeling that enveloped her heart is new. Finn can’t take the overwhelming emotions that engulfed her very existence. She grabbed the stairs’ banister for support; her wobbling legs continue to fight the pain brought by her heels. All she knew that she was indeed in love with the stupid devil. She gasped for air; the tightening of her chest is unbearable.

She suddenly gasps when she averted her stares in front of her. Gorgeous demigods are now roaming the venue, surveying the party and trotting around. It was the most nerve- wreaking, heart convulsing, jaw- dropping kind of view.

Am I in Utopia?, she thought. She still can’t believe that the ruckus buddies she knew will be these attractive. Nope- scratch that…these perfect, pardon me! She sighed in contentment, still dreaming about these alluring men in front of her.

Her delusional state was abrupt by a sudden tap on her shoulder. She flinched and look at the culprit when a grumpy mood.

“Yah, stop that. You look like a retarded worm when you do that. You’re ogling!, the devil bickered with a mischievous grin on his face.

“Tsk, I’m not!”, she answered back and marched herself down the stairs, still in her sulky expression.

The devil caught her arms, making her swirl around and faced him. He leaned forward near her ear, his breath slightly touching her cold skin. “Stop being grumpy, it ruins your tolerable outfit”, he whispered in a seductive tone and left her astonished with her furious beating heart.

Finn’s POV

“This is too much!!!!”, I mentally scream. The perfect boys, the handsome devil; these are beyond my control. This is surely a megakill! My mind is not functioning right now, still absorbing the event that happened awhile ago. The devil is really pompous. Self- centered bastard who mastered the tricks of pleasing everybody. I saw him trotted his small limbs outside the event and I briefly followed.

Yah, call me an obsessed stalker but I want some proof to nullify my estrange feelings towards him. I want to find something that can be the easiest excuse of not liking him.

In a curious pace, I followed him as he walked towards the fountain area. He stood there, hands against his back as if waiting for someone.

And my mouth dropped ajar when I witnessed the intimate moment he shared when a red- haired lady arrived. She crashed her lips against him, arms around his neck for support. I can’t see her face but by the looks of her, I know, she’s gorgeous. My heart shattered into pieces when I saw Jun Myeon kissed her back. The kiss lasts for less than a minute; they stopped to gasp some air. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I run somewhere away from them.

Back at the venue, I went to the buffet table to grab some pink- colored juice to suit my dry throat. I wiped the tears away as I swallowed the unfamiliar liquid. Pain inflicted my own being and I don’t know what to do. I was indeed desperate to know the truth behind my awkward feelings towards him, but sadly, the feeling is not dearly mutual. I have enough for this one- sided love.

Another glass of the unknown liquid eased my loneliness. Then another, then another until I lost counts of the amount of liquors I drunk. Intense heat built up my system, from my stomach up to my head. I was kinda daze about this new feeling. My belly hurts because of the foreign fluid. “Geez! I never have eaten any dinner!”, I mentally scolded myself. I averted my gaze around the area, expecting to reduce the dull feeling I’m feeling inside.

The lights joyfully danced against the playful music played by the orchestra conflicting the gloomy feeling I felt. I lazily walked outside the venue, trying to escape the noise of the crowd. I want to be alone.