Chapter 23: Perplexed

Finn was agitated by a gentle snore from the right side of the bed. She twitched in shock when she saw a hand wrapping around her waist and a leg over her thighs. She gave an earsplitting scream that made the person beside her jolt in panic.

“ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH! PERVERT!”, she screamed with all her might, covering her body entirely by the spare blanket. She looked under it and saw that she did not wear any clothing except the oversized shirt and her under wares.  

Her eyes widen in panic and she saw the devil smirking in front of her.

“W-w-what h-have y-you d-done? D-d-don’t t-tell me t-that…?, she stuttered, still eyeing the devil in terror. She mentally checked her body.

They said that if it’s your first time, it hurts down there? But I never felt any awkward feeling. Oh God, please don’t let it. Take me away from sins. This sacred body is for my husband only. Oh my God! What am I suppose to do?, she panicked mentally. Tears begun to form along her eyes, and any sudden movement, it will surely fall. She was deeply devastated, knowing that something might happen last night.

“What? I never did anything! Or are you suggesting? Hmmmm?!, he questioned in his hoarse voice that made Finn wipe the sweats that are now forming on her forehead.

Jun myeon leaned forward, decreasing the space between them. He griped the pillow that Finn placed in between them for boundary and tossed it on the flow. He continued to move forward, Finn pulled the blanket above her body, securing it as if it is her only defense against the spoilt being. She can’t move, any hasty movement might expose her underclothes. She was glued on the spot; her war freaked behavior was appeased by embarrassment.

She closed her eyes; anticipating any unjustified actions. Tears flooded her face because of her discomfiture to herself. She hates herself for giving in; she shakes from fear. Her gripped on the blanket tightens as her tears continue to fall. She suddenly felt a soft kiss on her temple that made her opened her eyes in shock.

She was puzzled, seeing Jun myeon gently smiling in front of her. Then, his strange action brought her in cloud nine.

Jun myeon hugged Finn tightly, leaving the latter disoriented and confused. He then pulled away from the hug and brushed away the remaining tears on her face by the back of his hand. She was dumfounded. She can’t scream nor utter a single word.

“I will never harm nor disrespect the person I cherished the most. I value you Finn as how I value my life. I will protect you even from my own self. Even if it means staying away from you.”, he cooed, caressing Finn’s face.

She felt cold, blood rushing unto her face. She was in deep red now and Jun myeon noticed her reactions, smirked in contentment.

“Yah! W-what a-re y-you saying?”, she’s stuttered, she averted her gaze away from him.

Using his free hand (the other one is encircling Finn’s waist- like hugging? Nah nevermind), he touched her chin and gestured her to look at him, which she doubly followed.

Looking her directly in the eyes, he sighed and said the words that he denied for God knows how long.

“I think… I like you!”, he seriously said, still eyeing the stiff Finn.

She didn’t react, she didn’t even blink. Her mind is still processing the words he said, still weighing if it’s true or just a joke.

~dug dug dug

Her heart is beating wild again but her mind is still clueless. Jun myeon sighed for the nth time and waved his hands in front of her.

“EARTH TO YEON MI!”, he hollered, making Finn jolt in shock.