Evan/Philip Angst

Philip squinted as Nea's flashlight flicked on, the light momentarily blinding him. He simply stood there waiting for it to end, he knew as soon as he entered the gates she'd run so he just let her and the others have their fun. He heard Jake shouting something as the torch went on again and he sighed. Raising the skull he advanced forward, striking Nea who was still stood taunting him. She hissed in pain and scowled at him before leaving, muttering something under her breath as she did. Jake and Feng left quickly after, looking over their shoulder at him as they ran off back to the fire.

He barely had the effort for trials at the moment. He felt like he was going through the motions at this point, doing the bare minimum to appease the entity. At least one kill most of the time, two if he put in a bit of effort and occasionally four when he used his good offerings to make sure the entity wouldn't actually punish him for his poor performances. The others had noticed, especially some of the newer ones. The ones desperate to kill, or desperate to survive. 

Michael and Sally still had pretty solid performances. Michael was well... Michael. Didn't say a word to any of them, just went into a trial and came out regularly with a four man kill. He was well practised though, a serial killer back home. Sally on the other hand was not, he supposed she was a mass murderer by definition. She didn't talk about it much though. She tried to keep it all hidden but Philip had seen it. He'd found her talking to herself, shouting at thin air and threatening violence. She'd attacked Max once, cursing him for everything he had done to her. Evan had dragged her off kicking and screaming and she'd spent the rest of the night in an unresponsive state, rocking back and forwards in the asylum. 

Philip wasn't sure what the entity did to her. He figured what ever it was it helped with whatever issues she had, she didn't have nightmares anymore after that; didn't attack people in her sleep and try to strangle them. It just made her cold, like the last part of her heart had been taken, the last part that made her human. It made her unforgiving in trials. She became the most merciless and deadly killer of them all, Philip didn't know the last time all the survivors had escaped against her.

The rest of them had no chance of matching her power most of the time but some certainly tried. Some of them had made killing into a competition. Anna, Evan, Amanda and Michael-(though his participation was not official, just highly suspected) had a game of who could kill the most survivors over the course of ten trials. It was weird but Philip didn't mind. They could kill the survivors all they wanted, it was what happened outside of the trials that bothered him. Evan and Anna were determined hunters and liked to keep their skills in check. They usually went to Anna's forest, a place a little more lively when not in trial. It was home to a handful of deer, birds and other small wildlife. Replicas of the animals of course, some of them odd distortions of what they should be. The entity clearly wasn't too knowledgeable about the differences between crow species and really how could you expect it to be. 

Philip loved them all the same. His favourites being the fox that acted like a cat, the adult doe that still had spots and the crow that had a violet sheen to it's wings. They were friendly things, to him at least. He urged them to hide if they saw anyone else. Freddy had almost killed his violet crow. Apparently she was too noisy one trial and the man had tore her wings up with his horrid clawed glove. Philip had found her, laying with her useless wings flayed out either side of her broken body. He'd nursed her back to health, keeping her hidden high in the trees where Freddy couldn't find them.

Evan thought it was funny. He carried on his hunts as normal, simply telling Philip he'd avoid his 'furry friends'. The thought wasn't exactly relieving, he didn't like any of the animals being hurt. Besides, Anna made no such promise; all the animals were free game to her. She mostly liked the bigger animals, she was a bit of a show off when it came down to it. Bragging about the time she wrangled a bear with her bare hands. Though Evan told him it wasn't true Philip could believe it. Anna looked strong enough to wrangle anything with her bare hands, like bullets would bounce of her skin and fire would do nothing but give her a slight temperature.