Chapter 36

(A/N): sorry i don't upload much i'm on vacation

sotc:

Set Fire To The Rain - Adele

Lithium - Evanescence

Leaving Tonight - The NBHD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Betrayal is the only truth that stinks." ~Arthur Miller

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry pulled on the driveway outside my building, hitting the brakes. The windows on his Land Rover were all pulled up, even though it was sort of a sunny day today. He turned to me, his arm still draped over the steering wheel. "I'll see you later, yeah?"

I frowned right away. "You're not coming up?"

"I can't, I gotta go take care of some stuff". He chuckled when he saw my angry expression. He knew I didn't like when he kept secrets from me, especially when it was obvious. "Just paying off Mark for some crap, nothing dangerous I promise".

"You better stop all the chit-chat with Mark" I warned him as I opened the door on my left, stepping out of the car. "It's only harming you, Harry".

He tapped against the leather covering the steering wheel, nodding twice but ripping his gaze away from mine. "I know baby, I know. I'm not buying anything, just paying back some stuff".

"Better be". The door shut close loudly with a push coming from the palm of my hand, and I smiled at him when he rolled down the window by pressing some button on his left. "I'll miss you".

"You're so sappy" he chuckled teasingly, leaning towards the open window and puckering his lips.

I laughed against his mouth as we shared a messy but yet amazing kiss. "So I've been told".

"Take care, yeah? And lock the door".

"You sound like my dad" I whined and rolled my eyes at the over-protectiveness he was portraying. "He was less a maniac about me locking doors whilst staying in the house by myself".

Harry shrugged with a smirk, more close to a smile, on his face. "Let's just say I care a lot about you".

I faked a surprised gasp and placed my hand on my collarbone. "I feel so special".

"Get your butt inside the house and stop wasting my time" he joked, the smug smile never leaving his face.

My knuckles connected with his bicep in a light, playful punch. "Shut up, you love being around me".

Harry laughed out loud at my lame attempt of joking around, and for some reason it hit me. Did he laugh because of my joke, or because what I said seemed funny to him?

Stop being paranoid, Leah.

"I shall agree to that one" he said to me with a genuine tone in his voice. He pecked on my lips one more time, waved at me and drove off, the window slowly pulling up and closed.

The hall was empty, which seemed odd since it was only early in the afternoon. Sometimes, if I woke up soon enough I'd find the man working here as a porter sitting behind the mahogany desk, waving at me as I walked outside and off to Harry's car. Most times, though, Harry spent the night here and slept in late, so we never found him here. Thankfully for him, may I say; Harry wasn't the most polite about other men looking at me, let alone being to this state of familiarity to wave at me.