Chapter five

Arthur's POV:

Saturdays have always been the worst for me. Wake up. Have breakfast with my dad—which I'm never enthusiastic about. Go shopping with Kelly— which I surely enjoy. Take my defense class. And finally, go on my nightshift in some bar. It's always sweaty and crowded there.

"You look mad huh?" I tell my co-worker as she puts down the glasses with great intense that they'd crack. She hasn't said a single word since she put on her apron. And there she ignores me. "Yoo." I call her out and she finally looks at me.

"What do you want?" She asks bluntly, rolling her eyes at me.

"What's up?"

"Not fine." She sighs and quickly looks away at the huddle of drunk men and women, the hormonal teens who are hopelessly making out at the dark corners of bar. The music is so loud for its own good that if you want to talk to someone, you gotta shout your chords out. The neon lights flash everywhere like police sirens, but more colorful.

"Why's that?" I ask curiously.

"Everything's messed up." She squeezes her forehead with her fingers.

"What kind of messed up?" I ask. I know well she's gonna spill it all up after a few seconds like she always does.

"The kind of messed up when you don't know what you gotta do next." She directs her eyes at the emptiness that seems to eat her alive, but too bad the lights reflect the tears in her eyes.

That seems too messed up really.

"What's wrong, RB?" I ask her as I take a few steps closer to her.

"My sister ran away from home and she doesn't answer any of my fucking calls or texts." She shouts and her veins are quickly inscribed on her neck.

"I'm sure she's coming back soon." I try to reassure her but I always fail.

"What makes you so sure?"

"I mean she can't stay homeless forever."

"Huh! If you only know her stubborn head." She sarcastically says.

"Don't worry about it, she'll be fine."

"Don't fucking dare you tell me that don't worry. If I wasn't worried about her, I wouldn't have been shitting my pants," She pauses for a second as she leans her elbows on the counter and places her head between her small palms. "Ahhh Lilith! She's such a coward. She keeps running away from her problems but damn, doesn't she get tired? Can't she deal with them!" She exclaims annoyed. Her face is as red as tomato from anger. Her sister, whose, I assume, name is Lilith, seems to be some trouble maker—

Wait what?

She has said Lilith!

"Lilith who?" I ask confused as I wear a perplexed expression on my face.

"You're stupid. Haven't I been talking about her the last five minutes?"

I feel stupid.

"Lilith Grey is your sister?" I ask as I try to gather the puzzle pieces together.

Damn.

"You know her?" Rebecca asks, paying more attention.

"I think so."

Lilith Grey, the girl I saved from drowning herself to death is sisters with Rebecca Grey who has been a co-worker for a year now, and that whole damn time I had no idea about that. Even they have the same last name, I was stupid enough to not figure it out by myself. I so feel like hitting myself with a damn metallic stick.

"I can find her."

"How?" Her eyes pierce through mine with much intense.

"I know where I can find her."

"Where?"

"If she wanted to tell you, she would've done so."

"You're acting like a dickhead, you know that?" She rolls her eyes at me angrily.

"I surely know that." I smirk at her.

"Where is she?"

"If I found her, I'd tell you, alright?"

"Fine," She scrachtes her forehead and turns around. She took a few steps before glancing back at me. "Can I ask you for something?" She asks and an uneasy expression implants on her face.

"Of course."

"Would you take care of her till I resolve things with mom?"

"Don't worry, I'll take care of her," I pause as I wear a wicked smile on my face. "But you gotta do me a favor."

"What favor, dickhead?" She finally smiles.

"Cover my shift tonight and the next Saturday."

"Alright."

The last thing I know that I am heading towards the seashore.

____

Sorry for the short chapter, love y'alll❤️❤️