Twin Heroes (Wei Wuxian/Jiang Cheng)(Xiancheng)

Ever since the Wen Sect demolished their home and killed their parents, Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian were trying hard to rebuild it, or in this case trying to fix anything that looked like it could be saved. They only found 1 or 2 items that could have been saved but the rest had to be thrown out. A first Wei Wuxian wasn't too happy with the thought of going back to that place with the constant fear that history would repeat itself but this time, not one of them would be spared. 

In a few years everything was rebuilt and was now returning to its former glory, they even managed to recruit people to join their sect. Now that everything is back to how it should be Wei Wuxian could finally relax. 

"Jiang Cheng! I'm bored" Wei Wuxian said looking at Jiang Cheng who was currently signing some papers. "You wouldn't be bored if you helped me with some things" Jiang Cheng glared. "Boo, you're not fun" Wei Wuxian said pouting a bit as he got up from where he was sitting and went over to Jiang Cheng to see what he was actually working on. 

Wei Wuxian saw that he was thinking about battle formations and strategies that could benefit the sect in case of an emergency or if the area had to be evacuated. "Why can't we just go to the Gusu Lan sect? I'm sure Lan Zhan wouldn't mind" Wei Wuxian said. Jiang Cheng gave out a annoyed sigh. "Because the place wouldn't be big enough" Wei Wuxian looked at the sheet again. "If we need back up, why can't we ask Lan Zhan for help?" He asked. Jiang Cheng who was writing stuff down with a brush clutched it in his hands tighter. "Because they wouldn't get here on time. Once again Wei Wuxian looked at the sheet. "For the allies, we could ask Lan Zhan to-" Before Wei Wuxian could finish his sentence Jiang Cheng slammed his hand on the table.

Wei Wuxian looked at him in confusion. "Lan Zhan this, Lan Zhan that, it's like your in love with him or something!" Jiang Cheng glared as Wei Wuxian's eyes widened. Jiang Cheng didn't mean to yell at him but it was true that he would constantly talk about Lan Wangji. He didn't know what the feeling was but he didn't like it. He felt helpless whenever his name would be mentioned, especially if it was said by Wei Wuxian. He would feel a pit in his stomach and would feel a choking feeling in his throat. 

Wei Wuxian didn't speak another word as he just looked at the ground. "Is it true?" Jiang Cheng asked as he didn't dare look at him and keep his eyes on the paper in front of him. "Lan Zhan and I...I don't know how to answer this question..." Wei Wuxian said fiddling with his thumbs with a small blush painting over his face. "You would be better off liking me instead..." Jiang Cheng mumbled. "What did you say?" Wei Wuxian asked. "I said, you would have been better off liking me instead!" Jiang Cheng said bluntly. Wei Wuxian was at a loss for words. "Erm. Jiang Cheng, I..." Wei Wuxian started. "Wait, before you give me an answer, think about it" Jiang Cheng said as he left the room with Wei Wuxian inside.

Jiang walked through the halls scowling at himself. "What the heck was I thinking?" Jiang Cheng thought. "Uncle! Uncle!" He heard little footsteps from behind. "Ah, Jing Ling. What's wrong?" Jiang Cheng asked while bending down patting the 6 year old on the head. 

Jing Ling saw the disturbed facial expression on his face. "Uncle, are you feeling unwell?" Jing Ling asked as he shook his head. "No, I'm fine. What do you need?" Jiang Cheng asked. "I was wondering where Uncle Wuxian was, he said he was teach me some cool stuff" Jing Ling said excitedly. His expression darkened as he responded with a quick "I don't know".

Young Jing Ling, being the caring person he was he was sure something was wrong. But knowing his uncle he wouldn't reveal a thing. "Uncle, if your fighting with Uncle Wuxian. You should probably fix it before it get's worse" Little Jin Ling said. "I hope everything get's fixed". With that Jing Ling ran off to find him on his own. 

Jiang Cheng looked at Jing Ling running off as he sighed. "I don't need a kid to tell me that..." Jiang Cheng mumbled. "What's this, Jiang Cheng mumbling to himself? He's finally gone crazy" He heard a voice say. He turned around to see Wei Wuxian in front of him smirking. He felt his cheeks go a bit red as he looked away. "You're the crazy one".

Deciding it wasn't a good idea to talk in the hallways, they decided to move back to Jiang Cheng's room. "It's been a while since I been here, it hasn't changed at in the 7 years" Wei Wuxian teased. "It has changed" Jiang Cheng retorted back before going to his desk to continue to work. "Eh, you're working again? Boring" Wei Wuxian said. "If you're bored, go train Jing Ling or something" Jiang Cheng said flipping through some pages of a book. He heard Wei Wuxian shuffle around as he placed an elbow on a desk and placed his head in his hands in a resting position. "But I wanted to hang out with you" Wei Wuxian said. 

Jiang Cheng looked up at him with a tiny but noticeable blush spread around his face. This didn't come unnoticed by Wei Wuxian as a wide smirk appeared on his face. "Jiang Cheng, Jiang Cheng" Wei Wuxian said repeatedly while poking his cheek. Jiang Cheng's face getting redder and redder by the second couldn't stand it anymore as he shoved Wei Wuxian to the ground flipping over the table in the process. 

Wei Wuxian stared up into in Jiang Cheng's silver eyes that were peering into his. They both weren't moving at they just continued to stare at each other. Wei Wuxian raised his hand and brushed some of the hair that became lose. "Jiang Cheng, your hair is getting longer" Wei Wuxian said as he smiled at cheeky smile at him. 

Jiang Cheng let out a long sigh as he got up fixing his hair. "You know, you should sigh that much. It's bad for you" Wei Wuxian teased. "Why you little" Jiang Cheng said while tackling him and giving him a nudgy on the head like the old days. However the moment he did that, the memories of the days where his parents where still here filled his head causing his hand to drop down to the ground.

"Jiang Cheng?" Wei Wuxian asked. Jiang Cheng just stared at the ground face darkened. "Are you okay?" Wei Wuxian asked bending down to look at him. Wei Wuxian widened his eyes as he realized the action they just did reminded Jiang Cheng of his parents. He knew this because this was the same face he made on that fateful day. Wei Wuxian didn't know what to do as he just pulled him into an embrace like the one Madame Yu gave him. Wei Wuxian then stared to rub and pat his head. "Good boy...you did well" Wei Wuxian said.

Jiang Cheng returned the hug as he let out a few sniffles. "Good boy..." Wei Wuxian repeated while continuing to pat his head. Soon exhaustion over took him as he fell asleep in Wei Wuxian's arms. "After all these years, you're still a baby" Wei Wuxian said looking at Jiang Cheng's sleeping face. "Up we go" Wei Wuxian hoisted him up and laid him down on the bed. 

Just looking at his sleeping face, Wei Wuxian thought he deserved a nap as well. "Excuse me" Wei Wuxian mumbled as he climbed into Jiang Cheng's bed snuggling into the sheets next to him. He turned on his side to face him and kissed the top of his forehead. "Good night, Jiang Cheng" Wei Wuxian mumbled as he to fell asleep in the arms of Jiang Cheng.