Chapter 14

Shifu had thought to the a rope to what the children were in, so it would be easier to move it. As the monster had come up into their view, they all scared of what was gonna happen.

"Run!" Shifu yells out to Liuer and Courtney, causing them all to run away from the edge.

As they were running away, the monster began crawling up and along the side of moutain towards them.

The monster attempted to get them by lunging over to them, only for then to dodge him. As the dust from the moutain cleared, Liuer and Courtney realized that they, along with Shifu, needed to be extra careful now, especially with all the kids.

Sun Wukong made his way along the side of the moutain to get to them, knocking boulders down hobbit the monster. Then, the monster, similar to a Dragon, breathed out/shot out magic at Sun Wukong, causing him to fall down the moutain towards the monster.

The monster then traps Sun Wukong in alittle opening on the side of the moutain. Liuer and Courtney notice this then both come up with an idea and quickly run back over to Shifu.

"Look after her! We're gonna go help him!" Courtney exclaims, handing the baby girl to Shifu. Before either one of them could run off to help Sun Wukong, Shifu stops them. He doesn't say anything at first, but then just tells them both, "Be careful..." That's when Liuer and Courtney run over to help their childhood hero.

When they finally got to him, they both notice his arm was stuck under what they assumed used to be some sort of pillar that the monster was pushing against him with. They both gasp and exclaim, "Great Sage!"

As they run over to help him, Liuer asks, "What can we do to help you?"

Instead of answering the question, Sun Wukong exclaims, "What are you two doing here?! I'm trying to protect you! Get out of here!"

"But-" Liuer starts off saying.
"Go!" Sun Wukong yells, interupping Liuer.
"But.. then who's gonna protect you?" Courtney asks, sounding worried.

Sun Wukong pauses for a moment. "No one. Never had. But I'll be alright, so you don't have to worry." He tells them, sounding sincere. Liuer and Courtney grab his free hand and respond with, "We won't..."

Sun Wukong smiles at them, but then his arm starts getting crushed again.

"Great Sage!" Liuer and Courtney cry out, still sounding worried for Sun Wukong. They turn to look at the monster, angry, then each look for something to use as a weapon.

"What are you two doing?! I told you to go!" Sun Wukong yells out to them, not wanting either one of them getting hurt. They both ended up finding metal rods to use. They run over to the edge, face to face with the monster.

"Take this!" They yell out, throwing the rods at the monster, both rods getting stuck in the monsters teeth.

The monster prepares to attack Liuer and Courtney when they hear Sun Wukong yell out, "Run, Liuer, Courtney!" That's when they start running away from the monster.

"You're just a big worm! I'm not afraid of you! Come get me!" Liuer yells at the monster. As the monster made his way over to them, Liuer and Courtney begin running away again.

While the monster continues to chase Liuer and Courtney, Sun Wukong frees himself from the pillar, now hoping he could get to them in time.

Liuer and Courtney end up getting stuck somewhere on the side of the moutain, with no where else to go. They both begin to get even more scared as the monster gets closer to them.

"Hold on, Liuer! Hold on, Courtney!" Sun Wukong yells out to them, running towards their direction.

"I'm coming!" Sun Wukong jumps on top of the monster.

"I told you two I didn't need any help! Why didn't you just listen?!" He then lunges himself over the monster's head, now flying towards Liuer and Courtney, holding his hand out to the both of them. "Great Sage!" They both yell out to him, both of them also holding their hands out to him.

Before he could get to them however, he gets pushed away by the monster.

As he's flying away from them, he has to see Liuer and Courtney get crushed, possibly killed, by the monster.

He tumbles down the moutain before stopping on a ledge on the side of said moutain.

He slowly gets up.

He looks around him, studying his surroundings.

He then realizes what may have just happened to Liuer and Courtney.

He finds their Sun Wukong doll in the nearby rubble. He then starts panicking, quickly digging through the rubble.

"Are you okay?! You're gonna be okay! I'm gonna save you! I came to save you!" Sun Wukong exclaims, still panicking.

"I came.. I came..." Before he could say anything else, he sees their hands weakly reach out to him.

Before he could grab hold of their hands, they go limp. He then clings to their hands using his own. Realizing he was too late, cries out in desperation and sadness.

He picks up and looks at their doll again. He puts the doll in Liuer's hand before getting up.

The thing on his wrist begin to glow with fire again, but he endures the pain, walking over towards the monster.

He cries out again as he slowly gets his powers back.

The monster tries to stop him by throwing a boulder at Sun Wukong, only for it to seemingly disappear and become new armour for Sun Wukong.

Sun Wukong then pulls out his Power Pole as the monster heads towards him, only for the monster to have one of his arms sliced off by the Power Pole.

Now, with the monster down, Sun Wukong starts flying towards it to finish the job, having visions/flashbacks of Liuer and Courtney.

With his returned powers and Power Pole, Sun Wukong is able to defeat and essentially kill the monster.

The battle was won.

Staring off into the horizon, Sun Wukong hears two familiar voices behind him.

"Great Sage!"