03 | THE BOOKWORM

▄▬▬ ▬ ( ☕ ) ▬ ▬▬▄

▄▬▬ ▬ ( ☕ ) ▬ ▬▬▄

The next morning when you had awoken, you looked to the side of the bed Rize occupied only to realize she was no longer there. You stood up and looked for her in the kitchen, bathroom, and living room in case she was still in your apartment but low and behold, she had already left.

"Gee not even a goodbye?" You muttered as you rolled your eyes. It was the least she could do after coming uninvited and then proceeding to make a mess. Not to mention the clothes you knew she had no intention of returning.

It would've been polite to leave a note or something. But alas, when has Rize, the sin of gluttony, ever been known for being polite?

With that thought, you made your way into the kitchen to make yourself some morning coffee. It was the only thing other than literal people you could stomach anyways. Just as you finished stirring the liquid in your cup, a flamboyant red-haired ghoul barged in through your front door.

Man I can't catch a fucking break...

You didn't have to look away from your coffee to know who it was. "Couldn't you knock for once, Ayato?" You asked before taking a sip of the dark, steaming liquid.

"Ha? Why does Ore-sama have to knock? You should be grateful I even come here in the first place." He snidely remarked. "It's the respectful thing to do. Besides, what if I was walking around naked?" You responded.

At those words, a sly smirk grew on the bastard's smug face. "Psh. It's not like I haven't seen it before anyways." Your cheeks grew a vibrant shade of red at his comment and you threw a nasty glare his way. "It's way too early for your pervertedness, Ayato."

He honestly couldn't care less. "You had it coming." Before you could even react, the man had snatched the cup of coffee from your hands (miraculously without spilling any) and drank it for himself.

Your mouth opened slightly in shock and you could feel your eye twitching from annoyance. "Why are you even here?"

Ayato place the now empty cup on the kitchen table and let out a sound of satisfaction. "You make the best coffee." He complimented. "Anyways, I'm here because you weren't answering my texts, doofus. Had me worried you were dead or dying."

You deadpanned. "If that were true, why didn't you come sooner?"

"I ain't taking any risks. If someone killed you or was killing you, I don't wanna be next. Every ghoul for themselves bruh." He replied nonchalantly. The both of you knew this wasn't the slightest bit true but you rolled with it.

"Wow you are such a good friend Ayato. Whatever did I do to deserve you?" You sarcastically commented. To which, the pale man replied, "Gosh I know right? I'm literally a blessing to your dreadful life." For added dramatic effect, he flipped his hair.