04 | HIS HUNTER/SAVIOUR

▄▬▬ ▬ ( ☕ ) ▬ ▬▬▄

▄▬▬ ▬ ( ☕ ) ▬ ▬▬▄

It was late at night, just a few hours after your day at the university ended and you were wandering the streets as you had made no particular plans prior to finishing classes and you didn't want to go home just yet.

Eventually, you've made it into an alley where everything was eerily quiet and seemed like it was practically abandoned.

This would make an almost perfect feeding ground for a ghoul. You thought to yourself.

Alone with nothing but your own conscience, you got to thinking.

The girl you've been seeing in the mirror continues to haunt you both in your dreams and in real life. At times you'd catch her crying and screaming with eyes as ghostly and empty as a corpse; and on occasion, she'll be smiling maniacally to herself which sent shivers down your spine. It didn't help that her eyes were as red as the blood of your many victims too.

However, she comes and goes when she pleases. You tried figuring out whether something you do triggers her appearance but you just chalked it up to seeing things that aren't really there due to your awful addiction in anything horror themed.

So you just brushed it off like it was nothing and became unbothered. I mean, it's not like she was going to come alive and speak to you.

As you descended further into the alleyway, your mind brought you back to the individual you met just a few days ago. Kaneki Ken. The days have passed by in a blur after you met him and his energetic companion, Hide. 

At first, you wondered why your "best friend" in the whole entire world would want to introduce you to two mere humans as friends in the first place, but then you understood when you caught a whiff of what Kaneki Ken smelled like.

For further elaboration, he smelled delightful. You couldn't get the euphoric feeling of being in his presence out of your system even if you wanted to. Many have had the privilege of becoming your meal but Kaneki was exceptionally different from all of them. He was something that you absolutely had to have and you'd kill anyone that dared try to take him before you could.

Halting in your tracks, the exact same scent you caught a few days ago just invaded your senses once more except this time, it was much more.. potent.

You knew what that meant all too well. 

Some motherfucker is trying to capture my prey.

As appetizing as the male was, you refused to devour him this soon. Where's the fun in that? You'd much rather let him mature first and bloom into something better. A better quality meat to be precise.

You had to go save the meek boy before some lowly lifeform took his blood before you even get the chance to. Tempted by the scent, your kakugan came out on its own. However, your hunger would have to be set aside for now. 

In your rage, you summoned your rinkaku to head to the area where the smell was strongest at speeds only other ghouls could ever dream of achieving. You landed on one of the higher beams suspended in the air in order to assess the situation but what you found was something both shocking and annoying.

Kaneki was nearly on the verge of death as he bled the prettiest shade of red you've ever seen and his perpetrator was no other than Rize herself. 

Alerted by the sudden presence of a newcomer, Rize looked up just as she was about to dig into her meal.

"Ehh? (y/n)-chan? It's you~! Normally I'd kill whoever dares to disturb me but since it's you, why don't you come down and share with me~? Just like old times!" The purple haired ghoul was absolutely enthralled at the prospect of reliving the memories she cherished with you. Ever since you and her parted ways, you were all that ever plagued her mind.

Rize couldn't even find the words to describe just how elated she felt right now. Here she was, about to devour a delicious human with her favorite ghoul in the whole entire world!

But as she celebrated mentally and looked up at you in hopes that you would agree to her proposal, she was met with your were rage-filled .

Here she was again, ruining your life like she did all those years ago. Kaneki was yours to claim, yours to defile, and yours to digest. And you wouldn't let anyone come between you and what belongs to you.

"Your sins of gluttony end here, Rize." You glared down at her and made effortless work of cutting down the other steel beams that rained down on the horrid woman below.

Hopeful eyes soon turned into those filled with confusion, betrayal, and fear. But not anger, no. Rize could never get mad at you. She could try a million times over but she'd fail. That power you held over her was something she hadn't intended to hand over but alas, you stole it from her grasps like it was nothing. And she couldn't be more glad that you had.

Thus, though the sinful woman knew she was going to die, she held her arms out wide open in acceptance of the gift of eternal rest that you graciously bestowed upon her.

After all, she'd find a way back to you. In life, and in death.

▀▬▬ ▬ ( ☕ ) ▬ ▬▬▀