The big news Chapter 1

Tobias POV

It's been four years since the city was repaired, everyone is happy here. Well, so I think, Tris said she had something to tell me. I am supposed to meet her at our apartment at 4:00 exactly an hour before we start to get dinner ready.

I am a little bit nervous the last time she said we had to talk & sounded this serious, was when she wanted to make some changes in our relationship. And those changes were not so great.

As I'm walking to meet up with the guys I remember her exact words like she spoke them yesterday

"Tobias I love you, you know that. I just think that we need to take things a little bit slower."

Then I said

"What? Why? Have I done something wrong?"

Tris glared at me, she said "Tobias you were just apart of a crime to the Bureau & you put Uriah in the hospital. There's a chance his right arm will be paralyzed for the rest of his life, and you are asking if you have done something wrong?!" In the end, we forgave each other. Yes, Uriah's arm is paralyzed but just temporarily.

As I open the door to the tattoo parlor I notice that Zeke is drinking & Uriah is getting a new tattoo on his right wrist.

"Hey pal how you been? Hey Uriah did you that I love this guy?"says Zeke. I look over at Uriah & all he does is roll his eyes & say

"Yes Zeke I know u love Tobias. He's had a little to much to drink."

"Tobias? Who's that? No, no this is Four." Zeke says to nobody in particular.

"Thank you Tobias." "For what?" I ask Uriah. "For paralyzing my arm. Now when I get a tattoo on my my right arm I don't feel a thing." I laugh. I look at the clock & it says 3:50. Our apartment is exactly 10 minutes away. "Hey I better get going Tris said she wanted to talk to me about something." "Oohh somebody is in trouble!" Says Zeke. "Ok bye tell Tris I said hi." Uriah tells me as I'm walking to the door. "Ok I will bye!" I yell as I get out of the tattoo parlor.

When I get there Tris is already in the kitchen getting some ingredients out for dinner.

"Tris, I told you I would make dinner tonight you made it yesterday." Which isn't true. She started to make dinner until I came and started to kiss her from her forehead, to her cheek, to her soft lips. Then we just ended up eating over with Hana, Zeke, and Uriah.

"No it's fine. I can do it." Tris says looking into the fridge.

"So you said you wanted to talk to me about something?" I say trying not to sound worried. Then & only then does Tris look at me. Yup, this is it. Were breaking up. That face says it all.

"We're breaking up, aren't we?" I say as I turn to the door.

"What?! No, god no. Tobias I love you more than anything in the world. Where would you get that idea?"says Tris once she has finished giving me a kiss on the lips of reassurance.

"The last time you said we needed to talking & sounded this serious, was when you were thinking about taking things slower." Tris is looking at me worried. She sits down next to me on our bed and kisses me & places my hand on her stomach. I think to myself 'no it can't be we haven't-' but we have. Around two months ago Uriah turned 20 and we went to his party. That night we came back and-o my god. Could Tris,my lovely Tris, be pregnant?I look at her & get on my knees beside our bed wear Tris is sitting looking at me worried.

"Are y- you pregnant?"I say not knowing weather to be excited or worried.

"Yes...." Tris says as she lets a tear slide down her face. I wipe it away as soon as I see it.

"Are you happy that we are going to have a baby? Tris?" She isn't looking at me. She must feel ashamed since we aren't married yet.

"I- I don't know if I should be. I mean we aren't married yet & I don't even know if you are happy that we are having a baby-"I cut her off immediately.

"Tris of course I'm happy! We're going to have a baby!....I'm going to be a father....I'm going to be a father!!!" I pick her up in the midst of her laughing and lay her on the bed so I can lay next to her.

"I love you Tris. So are you happy?"

"Of course I'm happy as long as I have you and our baby. That's all I need"

"When are we going to tell everyone?" I ask Tris as we get ready for bed.

"Tomorrow...yes tomorrow." She says confident

"Ok tomorrow." I say as I kiss her and lay down.

All characters belong to Veronica Roth