Worry

It was past midnight for everyone at Hogwarts castle. Well almost everyone except the marauders. The four friends were lounging in there Gryffindor boys dormitory. While Peter was busy finding out about 'How to become an Animagus', Sirius and James were busy with a piece of parchment, trying to turn it into a map. A map that would tell them about everyone and everyplace present at Hogwarts.

"Okay. That's it!" Sirius whisper-yelled bringing James and Peter's attention from what they were doing to him and Remus.

"No!" Remus shook his head "I am not going to trouble Madam Pomfrey for a stupid head ache. I will be okay in a bit."

"Mate, you have been saying that for the past hour. Look, the full moon is near and it is better that you get that head pain of yours treated." James heatedly said, trying to convince Remus. "It will be easier during the transformation."

"Yay. We all know its not just a headache. It has only increased hasn't it?." Peter squeaked concern laced in his tone.

Remus signed, running his hand through his hair frustratingly. He hated disturbing Madam Pomfrey because of his 'little furry problem' as quoted by James. He always felt as though he was more of a burden on her. What with everything that she had done for him the least he could do was handle a simple headache on his own. But he had to agree that his three friends were not completely wrong either. The headache had only increased since the dinner and had now turned into more of a severe migraine in muggle terms. The full moon was due next week and so was his transformation. The last thing he wanted was for the transformation to go any rougher than the others.

"Fine. Whatever. Lets just get this over with."

"Great let me get the cloak. Maybe we could even prank Filch on our way."

"Or a Prefect!" Sirius pipped in at James comment,  both grinning at each other maniacally as though coming up with plans telepathically.

Remus sent a disapproving look towards them that stopped them immediately which made Peter let out a snort.

The marauders hid under the cloak as soon as they were out of the Gryffindor Common Room and treaded towards the hospital wing. To anyone who would catch upon the site, would see four pairs of shoes making there way to heaven knows where together. The site was amusing as well as bewildering.

The Hogwarts halls were silent and eerie since it was the dead of the night. And much to James and Sirius's dismay they found no one on there way to the Hospital Wing, not even Mrs Norris who would always be present when the boys were out for trouble. As they neared the entrance they could see faint light coming out from beneath the door which confused them to no end. They had expected Madam Pomfrey to be asleep. But since the candles were lit, it meant she was awake and was tending to someone. This made Remus relax a bit, at least now he wouldn't be the one disturbing her.

"Maybe someone got hexed." James wondered aloud for the others.

"On the first day! Poor guy." Peter tutted genuinely feeling bad for the person on the other side.

"What are we waiting for? Lets get inside!" Sirius chimed eager to get a good night's sleep before school officially started tomorrow.

As they entered inside they could see few candles burning on the left side of the room and Madam Pomfrey bustling left and right from the occupied bed to her table. Her face was scrunched up in worry, confusion and fear. Fear of what, no one present in the room knew. She was so busy with what she was doing that she didn't even hear the door open and close or someone walking towards her.

"Madam Pomfrey?" Remus called from behind her standing a few feet away from where she was working.

"Oh dear!" She nearly toppled on her feet and turned towards him. "Remus! What are you doing here dear? You gave me a scare."