Chapter 9

When we got back at the castle I couldn't help but think about Butch's dead body that was going to rot on my expensnive mat.

All because of Braedens doing.

I went into the Basement and sat down on the bed. Anna came in with a small smile on her face.

"After begging that knucklehead of a king he finally aggreed to let you sleep in the masters bedroom".

I looked up frowning at her. "Isn't that his bedroom?".

"Yes but he hardly ever uses it. Besides you'd get a little sun on your pale face". She said trying to cheer me up.

I just started to stare into space. "Octavia?".

I heard his voice. I didn't even see him entering. I didn't even want to look at his face anymore.

I felt dead. No energy anymore for him or anyone else for that matter.

Anna left the room only leaving him and me there.

I brought my knees up to my chin. I curled up again still spaced out.

"Listen I'm sorry for- ".

"Save it". I cut him off "You're never sorry for anything in your life Braeden so why change now?".

I played with my shoe laces. He sat down next to me on the bed. I stared up at him becoming very cautious.

I stared him dead in the eyes.

"I know you hate me right now but this will blow over".

I stared at him in disbelief. Blow over!? How will this blow over?

"Yeah right, you can't replace my dog with another. It's not that simple. It will never blow over you'll be the constant reminder of what happened to my dog". I said pulling my knees tighter.

He sighed and huffed a strand of hair out of his face.

"I know you'r- ".

"You don't know anything about me Braeden. Not for the past four years. So just stop and give me time".

"Time? I've lost four years with you. I can't give you more time than what you already took away from me".

"Oh come on! Seriously you don't even have feelings for me. All you ever wanted was a fucking trophy to put up your wall like Victoria". I said standing up.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me down again. My wrist began to swell again.

"You're hurting me". I said wincing from the pain. He pushed me down on the bed and began to hover over me.

Not this again.

"Shut it! Do you even know what I'm feeling? Don't decide my feelings or how I should feel Octavia. If only you knew how much I lo-".

"Say it". I dared him. "Say the words goddamnit!".

"I love you, everything I ever did was for you. I got tortured for you. I almost lost my kingdom because of you but stayed strong for you because I can't live without you".

"No you didn't do those things for me. Listen to yourself. You, You, You all the you's. You did all those things for yourself Braeden not for me. I did us both the favour by leaving". I said trying to push him off.

But stopped when I saw something that shouldn't even be possible.

Vampires shouldn't show signs of emotions. They shouldn't be abled to cry. Even royals can't cry.

The only time a vampire can cry is when they found their soul mate and that Is very rare.

I frowned up at him a slight bit amused. "Dear god did it really have to be you?".

He rested his head in the crook of my neck. I sighed trying to relax underneath him.

"Please forgive me", I heard him mumbling.

I raised an eyebrow at the word please. He never begs anyone. As in ever. Am I really his weakness?

"Look, just give me time Braeden. I can't forgive you for it just yet". I said turning my head away from him.

He began kissing my neck softly moving up behind my earlobe. I felt the electricity shoot through my body but didn't react to it.

When he intensified the kisses my heart started to pound in my chest.  

My body arched forward as I could feel the sparks intensifying even more.

"Shhh... this won't hurt a bit".

I frowned at him. "What won't hur-(gasp)".

I tried hitting him on the chest that was when Anna came in and pulled him away from me. A vampire should never bite someone in the neck. Only the shoulder not near the wind pipes.

Anna immediately put her hand over me where blood was squirting out. I could feel my skin coming together repairing itself.

After she was done I looked at Braeden.

"Anna what do you think you're doing? The pain would've only lasted a minute and she'd li-",

"No Braeden. You should give her a choice you can't force her!" Anna yelled back.

He punched into the wall cursing and left.

What the hell just happened. Is that what the bite would feel like?