→ 𝟎𝟎𝟏; outsider, invader

( ✧ sadness and loneliness  )

◻ ◻ ◻ ◻ ◻ ◻ ◻ ◻ ◻ ◻ ◻ ◻ ◻ ◻ ◻ ◻ ◻ ◻ ◻ ◻ ◻ ◻ ◻ ◻

               (  f o r k s  )   Washington was dark and gloomy, which was usual for the town that rarely saw any sunlight. Sabrina sat in the passenger seat of her social worker's car, barely blinking as she watched the scenery, which mostly consisted of pine trees, pass by.

"It's a beautiful home, close to lush forests. Plus, I hear you'll get your own room and everything. Charlie wants to make sure you feel at home." Rita, the girl's social worker, explained the living arrangements at Charlie's.

Sabrina didn't bother responding to the woman, as she slowly lifted her finger to the window and began scribbling nonsense where the mist had accumulated. The car ride continued in silence. 

✧ °彡°✧

Once they had arrived at the girl's destination, Sabrina stepped out of the car. Her foot landed on the slippery, wet ground in front of a two-story middle-class home. Standing at the front entrance of the home was her uncle Charlie and his daughter Isabella, they'd been waiting for her to arrive. Sabrina gripped tightened on the strap of her duffel bag that held all of her belongings — at least, all the belonging she decided to keep with her. 

"Sabrina," the girl turned when she heard her name, and saw the woman who sat in the driver's seat. "If you need anything, you have my number, okay?"

Sabrina gave the woman a nod, before stepping forwards towards the house, she spared Rita one last glance before the woman drove off down the street. Sabrina continued her way towards the front door. 

"Hi Sabrina, you remember Bella and I, right?" Charlie spoke carefully. The girl appreciated his concern with her stability.

"Yeah, family reunions and stuff," she mumbled a lie. The fact was she didn't remember him at all. The only thing she knew about him was that he was her father's fraternal twin brother, and he lived in a different state which was why they didn't see each other much.

Charlie and his daughter must have noticed how fidgety the girl was being — not that she was trying to hide it, because Charlie asked her to leave with Isabella so, she could show her her new room. He must have concluded that she'd be more comfortable around her cousin seeing as she was just a year old than herself. He was right with his assumption.

"Follow me," Bella said, before turning into the house. Sabrina followed after her, as instructed.

✧ °彡°✧

"So, my room is to the left, and Charlie's right down the hall," Bella told the girl, as she pointed out the room while walking down the hall. Sabrina stopped as she glanced over at her cousin.

"You call your dad by his first name?" she'd caught the girl's mistake. Noticing how the name seemed to just naturally roll off her tongue as if it was a common occurrence.

"Y-yeah, that's a long story."

Sabrina nodded, it wasn't her business to get the entire story explained to her, and frankly, she didn't care to know what the reason behind it was. She just — she just found it to be a bit strange. Out of the corner of her eye, Sabrina saw Bella make her way out of her room. 

"You should give him a chance." the blonde spoke up. Her back was to Isabella, but she glanced over her shoulder to make sure that the girl had heard her, and she wasn't just talking to thin air.

" 'Cause you never know when he could be gone." Sabrina finished her statement and shut the door behind her. Leaving Bella alone in the hallway with her thoughts. 

✧ °彡°✧

That first night, Sabrina didn't leave her room at all the second she stepped foot in it, she didn't even leave to eat dinner. She wasn't in the mood for eating, she hadn't been eating properly since that day actually. The girl sighed, as she sat up in her bed and unzipped her duffel bag. Her hand dug inside where she carefully took out two silver urns. The girl held the objects in her arms for a few moments. 

'I'm sorry you didn't have a funeral. I just, I couldn't do it.'

The girl said in her mind, before getting up and placing the urns on an empty shelf that resided in her new bedroom. Sabrina didn't believe in funerals, after all, they were for the living not for the dead. The girl backed away from the shelf, before going back to her duffel bag where she took out a large, dark brown, leather journal with button closure. It used to belong to her father. 

Sabrina sat in her bed, slowly flipping through the pages that had her father's handwriting before she landed on a fresh, blank page. She twirled one of her father's fountain pens in her hand, before lowering it to the paper. She had to admit, she wasn't the type of person who was good at communicating her emotions; that was never who she was. However, there was one way she knew how to convey her true thoughts, and that was by drawing them. 

It had always been one of the ways she'd been able to express herself. When her pen hit the paper it had a mind of its own, and her hand merely followed.

A perfect combination.