Chapter 8: I want you gone!

❀~~~~❀~~~~❀~~~~❀

Jungkook debated with himself whether he should go to Jimin's room or not, but eventually found himself making his way. When he knocked on the door, a very angry Park Jimin opened it, glaring at him.

"Can't say I'm glad to see you, but I'm glad you overcame your childish act and got here," he growled at him. He held the door open so the younger could enter. He scanned the room to look for his former boyfriend, but he didn't see him.

"Where is he?" he asked.

"In the bathroom. Locked himself in when I called you. Said he couldn't even hear your voice through the phone," Jimin said as he sat down on his bed. "Go and talk to him then!"

Jungkook did as told and hurried towards the door and knocked softly on it. "Hyung?" he called out. "It's me."

He didn't get an answer.

"Taehyung hyung, open please." He knocked again.

"Guess we switched places now," he heard the other said. "Just go away. I did."

"I'm not going anywhere," he reassured him, though he didn't even know if that made him feel better.

"Go, Jungkook."

"No," he protested, "now open up before I break it open."

He heard the door unlock and so he opened it. Taehyung was sitting on in the bathtub with his head between his legs; he refused to look up. Jungkook had no idea Taehyung was going to react this way from their chat earlier.

"I'm sorry," he said.

Taehyung still didn't look up.

"Hey," he said as he reached for him and patted him gently on his head and played with his hair, as he knew he loved that. "Hyung, I'm sorry."

The elder rose up his head slowly. "And what are you sorry for?" he asked.

"For saying those things. For saying it in a harsh way," he said. He was hesitating for saying what he should've. "And," he added, "I want you to know that I love you. I always have - well, not always, but you know what I mean - and I always will."

"Then why can't we stay together?" Taehyung asked. He stared into the student's eyes so intently Jungkook almost lost his breath.

"Because," he hesitated, "because I can't. I don't want to make it awkward, and since we share our friends, I don't mind being your friend either," he tried his best to explain.

Another tear fell down the elder's cheek. "Don't you see, Jungkook? I don't want us to be friends."

Jungkook sighed. "We both know we can't cut off each other from our lives completely," he said.

More tears came rushing out, and Taehyung let out a loud cry, which he didn't mean to. "Get out," he growled.

"Hyung, listen, I - "

"Get out! I want you gone!"

The younger jumped slightly, but he didn't move a muscle. He knew Taehyung didn't want him to go. He knew.

So he stayed; he got into the bathtub was well and let the other cry on his chest.

He cried for a long time. He just kept on going.

And Jungkook kept on comforting him. This was maybe what he needed yesterday, but he chose to stay isolated. Taehyung chose to leave him alone. Maybe Jungkook was right - maybe he loved the elder more than he loved him. Wouldn't he have fought harder to get him back? Instead he was crying? Giving up.