Home away from Home

Mia (POV)

I'm so tired and exhausted, God knows how I really hate math it makes my brain go crazy. It's almost 5 p.m. and I need to go to the parking lot, Claire must be waiting already.

" Hi Nerdy!"

"Nerdy is not my name Melanie!, get out of my way." Oh! I really hate Melanie and the puppets around her. People know her because of her popularity as a cheerleader of the pep squad but I really dont care and I am not intimidated by her curvy looks which everyone envied of specially those guys in the varsity team.

"Relax Mia, I just say hi...be thankful and proud that I talk to you despite..."

"Hahaha" the horrible laugh as the girls passing me, I dont want to fight over those nonsense cheerdancers specially Melanie.

My parents are all over the campus wall, Master Charles del Prado and Madamme Alicia del Prado.

Claire is right, my parents will be attending the 20th Founding Anniversary of Margaret Academy. How I wish they will stay with me while they are here, I miss them so much.

The parking lot is crowded by the students who are ready to leave anytime, Carlos is in the right end standing beside my car while waiting for me.

"Hello Ms. Mia, how was your day? Smiling Carlos greeted me with his usual white long sleeve and oversized eyeglasses, he is in his early thirties but looks older because of his eyeglasses.

"My day is quite okay Carlos, is Claire already inside?"

" Yes Little Miss, she was 5 minutes ahead of you".

" Let's go then." Carlos open the back which I usually sitted while Claire is beside Carlos.

I am living on a big apartment  near to the school, enough for the four of us including Claire's mom Helen who happens to be my nanny, Claire and Carlos. The apartment has a sophisticated look with a big picture of myself in the center, my true self which is not hiding from a big eyeglasses and without a brisk on the teeth.

As I enter on my room Helen is already preparing for my arrival "That smells good!" My favorite muffin on my study table.

"I cooked it for you to eat, how is your day Mia?" Helen get my bag and put it inside my bedroom, she is like my second mother who took good care of me since I was born. My parents are always travelling for business and I was always left in Helen's hands.

"Not so great...but oh! Daddy and Mommy will be here next month for the Founding Anniversary of the school. Im excited to see them." I cannot hide my excitement and Helen can obviously see that.

" That is a great news Mia, I am sure they are also excited to see you. Is Master Brandon also coming?"

" I am not sure if Brandon will come, he is probably busy in his schooling." My brother Brandon, my one and only bestfriend aside from Claire, he is in Harvard right now focus in his study. He took up medicine, his dream and sooner will come true.

"Mia, I should go downstairs to prepare for our dinner. I'll expect you to come down after 30 minutes" Helen open the door while looking at me eating her muffins.

"See you then Helen".

After eating the muffins I walk in the center of my room to touch my piano, the piano that my parents gave me during my fifth birthday. I love my piano very much and I'm thankful tomy mother who allowed me to bring it here with me.