Back to Usually Unusual

Mia (POV)

I really don't want to go to school, for the first time I'm not excited to see Liam. I remember the pain on his face when he saw me.

He is living his life throughout this year knowing he is destined to get married on a total stranger.

"Mia?" I heard Helen knocking on the door.

"I'm coming!"  I need to face Liam, I wonder if he recognized me. Well, Mia is nothing compare to Margaret. They are completely different from each other, Mia is nerd and completely aloft while Margaret is famous and all over the news.

I hope Liam like Margaret, he should atleast try to know her better as a person not as a high profile elite he always saw in the magazines.

"Hi Claire". I tried to hide my pain and smile, Claire stop eating and turn her head to my direction.

"Mia, you dont have to go to school if you dont want to." She looks worried.

"I am okay, you dont have to worry about me. I just cant hide here forever".

Chemistry class is very challenging, my classmates are all very competitive and always attentive to our laboratory activities. Our teacher, Ms. Davish always encourage us to participate to get higher grades and ofcourse guys will always willing to do so for a teacher as hot as her.

Liam is not yet to be seen, I wonder where he is. He probably very affected of what happened last Saturday and I can't blame him.

"Good morning class". Ms. Davish stand in front in the class wearing an outfit that emphasize her curves.

"Mia, it seems Liam is not here...can you proceed on the activity alone? Ms. Davish asked.

I answer her directly " Ofcourse Ms. Davish, I can". An all the heads turn to the door.

"Sorry Ms. Davish, I am late". Liam stand warily.

"Well then, go and get started Liam...Mia needs you". I flushed and look at Liam.

He approached me and try to smile. I stared at him and I saw sadness in his eyes as he examine the microscope, he caught me. I flushed and smiled.

"You really smiles like her". Liam stared back at me. Her?

"Well, I knew someone owned a smile like you...I knew her quiet sometime but I just met her recently. She's intimidating and focus." My jaw dropped...he is talking about Margaret.

"Hhmmm". I mummed and pretending to write something in my notes.

"But, I like you more". Liam look at me with a smile, pretty smile.

"What?!" I am shocked.

"Yup! I like you more than her because you are not perfect and not good to be true unlike her..." Liam watch outside the window.

"You just said that you met her just recently, well...sometimes first impressions are deceiving. Hhmmm... give her a chance." My voice are shaking, I hope he did not noticed.

I saw Claire staring at me, she is nervous as I am but we need to stay focus. Unlike Liam, I am totally surprised about the news and right now I dont have an idea of what to do.

"Excuse me class!" Ms. Davish seems to have an announcement. "This coming Saturday is the 20th Founding Anniversary of our school and I expect you to be there in your best as we welcome our very important guests of honor the King and Queen of Scotland together with their daughter Princess Margaret."

The laboratory covered with noise as Ms. Davish announced. "I'm not yet done..." then there was silence.

"We will also welcome the King and Queen of Spain to the event". WHAT?! I look at Liam...all heads are on Liam.

He smile and recognized everyone. "Do I make myself clear?" Ms. Davish interrupt to get back the attention.

I will meet his parents, for the first time I will meet them.

Liam stares at me "Mia, are you okay?" No ofcourse not! I will meet your parents and I dont know what's inside your mind.

"I am okay."  I smile even though I want to evaporate.

Liam are still staring at me.

Liam (POV)

Mia is acting strange, well... and so am I.

I dont hate Margaret is just that I don't know her at all. I saw her in every tabloids and magazines, her outfit becomes a trend. She is travelling with her parents in any part of the world attending events and charities, I hear her talk in front of the cameras, she is very devoted to her country...but after all she is a stranger to me.