Chapter 3: A Roasted Pig

The next morning.

The young boy opened his eyes slowly as the sun light glared through the window in his room. His eyes could not focus for it was to bright for him, he was not used to waking up with such a bright surrounding. He sat up and rubbed his eyes as he a let out a loud sigh. Suddenly there was a knock at the door. "My lord it is time to get up, you are supposed to have breakfast with the king and the princess soon." Tamy's voice muffled through the locked door. "I'll be right there Tamy!" Young Ganon shouted with annoyance. He stood up and stretched before walking over to his clothes that Tamy had already prepared for him the previous night. "A white shirt?" Ganon asked himself with confusion, he was so used to wearing dark colored clothing. He thought no more of it and quickly put it on, under the white long-sleeved shirt was a black tunic and a pair of black pants. "That's more like it." Ganon said to himself with satisfaction and a small smirk on his face. He tucked the white shirt in, and left the tunic tucked out. There was another knock on the door. "My lord, are you almost ready?" Tamy asked the boy. He rolled his eyes and ignored the question as he put on his crown and walked out. Tamy fixed his slanted crown and lead him to the dining room. "Remember your manners my lord, there will be a young girl in your presence. You don't want to embarrasse yourself do you?" Tamy teased the boy. Once again he ignored her comment, but he did take the advice. This was the first time he was going to interact with another child.

They entered the room and were immediately greeted by the royal king. "Good morning my guests, it is nice to finally meet you. We've been waiting for you for a while now, we expected you to arrive early yesterday." The king said as he shook Tamy's hand. "There were some complications on the way that we'd rather not discuss at the moment." Tamy said as she smiled and shook his hand. "Very well." The king said with understanding. "And you must be Prince Ganondorf, meet my daughter Zelda, Princess of Hyrule." Zelda hid behind her father. "Excuse her... She's a bit shy when it comes to meeting new people." The young gerudo prince slowly walked up to the hyrulian princess and bowed with respect. "It is nice to finally meet you Princess Zelda, I am Ganondorf, prince of the Gerudo tribe, it is an honor to stand before you." Ganon said with a soft tone. There was silence. Zelda looked at her care taker Impa who stood in the corner of the room. Impa nodded to the princess with allowance. Zelda stood before the young prince and bowed to him "Thank you Prince Ganondorf, I am glad to have you as a guest in our home, I hope you've enjoyed your stay so far." Zelda smiled as she spoke with an even softer tone, Ganon smiled back. "Why don't we take a seat? Breakfast should be ready soon." The king insisted.

"Prince Ganondorf how old are you? If you don't mind me asking of course." The king asked. "You can call me Ganon, I don't really like having a title before my name, but to answer your question I will be 13 years tomorrow." Ganon answered. "Tomorrow you say. That is wonderful, please allow us to throw a celebration for you tomorrow, we would be honored." The king said with excitement. Young Ganondorf was thrilled to hear the kings offer, but before he could answer, Tamy interrupted. "Your majesty, I'm sure the prince would love to accept your offer, but he must attend a ceremony,  by tomorrow night." Tamy explained. "Ah I see, a ceremony of what kind?" the king asked with as much curiosity as Ganon. "Well... as you know a young prince becomes a king at the age of thirteen if the throne isn't already reserved by a king before him, and to my knowledge every one-thousand years one baby boy is born into the Gerudo Tribe, chosen to be king of his people when he is of age." Tamy explained. "That is wonderful! You get to be a king tomorrow!" Zelda said with laughter. "I'm going to be a king? Ganon asked with confusion. "You mean you didn't know?" The king asked. "No... he didn't." Tamy answered.  "You see your majesty, it was supposed to be a surprise, the boy has never had a celebration for any of his bithdays, but tomorrow he finally will." Tamy added. "Oh. Well forgive me for interfering." The king said. "Ganon", he hesitated to say. "I can assure you those were not my intentions." he apologized with embarrassment. "It's okay your majesty, honestly I'm not really into surprises so I really wouldn't know how to react." Ganon said to comfort the king.

Suddenly the kitchen doors bursted open. Waitresses walked out with big plates of warm food, and behind them three chefs. Resting on the table was a roasted pig surrounded by various vegetables, a freshly baked loaf of bread, a big plate of cinnamon - apple muffins, various types of Jams, and a big bowl of salad. One waitress walked around the table offering freshly cooked eggs that were still cooking on the pan. Another waitress offered different beverages like red wine, orange juice, milk, tea, or simple clean water. The last waitress placed food from the main course on each plate making sure to compliment everyone sitting at the table, you can tell it was her first day there. As the waitresses finished up the three chefs bowed and headed off to the kitchen. "Well this looks splendid, let us eat, shall we?" The king said while holding his fork and knife.

A few hours have passed,  it is barely noon.

The king spoke to Ganon about the responsibilities of being a king, and Ganon respectfully listened. "My King." A voice from the corner of the room alarmed. "Sorry to interrupt, but I do believe that you have some business to attend to. Those documents and requests will not sign themselves." Impa said as politely as she could. "Ah yes, here I am rambling on about boring responsibility, and yet I have to attend to such a thing." The king said with annoyance. "Might I suggest letting Princess Zelda show Prince Ganondorf around the castle." Impa added. The king stood up at the end of the table. "There's an idea. Please excuse me. Ganon, my daughter will give you a tour around the castle, don't be afraid to ask questions, there is much history about the royal family." Ganon smiled and nodded. The king then left the room and head towards his office.