Chapter 9: A Soft Voice

"My king" a soft voice caught Ganon's attention. "I present to you, the most beautiful women we have to offer from our tribe." A young gerudo woman in white clothing announced as she bowed to him.

As Ganon sat upon his throne during his ceremony, ten girls of his age form a horizontal line, bowing  down to him. They all wore a dress made of soft cloth with the same shade of maroon red. Each dress worn by each girl, was uniquely designed by the girls themselves. The red represented the strength of the goddess the gerudo tribe worshipped the most.

"You may choose any girl that suits your needs, my lord." The girl in white continued. "The have been blessed with the strength of our goddess Din, and they have dedicated their lives to serve you and your needs."

The young king was surprised by the offer, for he didn't fully understand it. He looked to the girl in white "These girls, are here to serve me in what manner? To bare my child? To submit their lives as an object of adultery, only to be looked down to if she fails to give birth to a boy? The child will live if it is a girl, but the mother will die for such a small purpose!" Ganon preached. "These girls are young! Young like me, like the children of hyrule, the children of the drex... like you." He said to the girl in white.

He then turned to the crowd of his people and spoke. "As a young boy I wandered what it was like to see what my true mothers face looked like. I still do not know what it looks till this day!" The young king shouted. "She could be standing amongst any one of you at this moment, but because of the laws of our tribe, I am forbidden to see her. It is because of these laws that I feel like a mad king! I have grown tired of the restrictions and limits that have been thrust upon us by our ancestors of passed generations!"

The women stood there silently listening to him preach. They were shocked, they were scared, but they were also motivated by his words.

"I believe that it is time for change!" He continued. "Let us make a legend of ourselves to show our future children what we have done for them." He looked to the girl in white, and walked up to her. "These girls will dedicate their lives to me, but what about you?" He asks her as he takes her hand and kisses it gently.

The girl in white, had a puzzled, and frightened look on her face. The question was so sudden she could hardly think. She looked into his orange glowing eyes for a while. She could see pain, frustration, anger, a call for help within them. She began to breath heavier as she stood there thinking about the question.

"Well?" Ganon asked. "You're the only true beauty I see tonight." The girl blushed a little.

"Y- yes... my lord." She said hesitantly. "My love, my soul, and my body is granted to you, from me." She added as she bowed down.

"Change will happen, but only to better ourselves. I've seen true evil and I only wish to vanish it!" Ganon shouted to his people once more. "As of tonight, I declare a new law! Any woman that carries a child, is granted the right to raise that child until death. Whether it be a boy or a girl!"

The crowed of women began to cheer with happiness. They began to chant his name in his honor, and continued the festival until the night was no more. The young king and his soon to be wife, walk up the stairs into the sacred doors of the temple.

Ganon looked into the eyes of the girl. "Our future begins here, and I will do everything within my power to give you and my people a good future."