Chapter 11: Red Tin

"LINK!" a shout echoed from accross the docks where large supply ships were anchored down. "Dammit boy, you've been out of it lately, I need for you to help me with this barrel of ore. We need to be careful with it, we can't afford for any ounce of it to be lost." A large man with a thick mustache and long beard ordered him. Link broke out of his day dreaming, and did as the man asked without saying a word.

"As soon as we load this up, we'll need to stop by the market and buy food. Then once we get home, we will unload these barrels into the shop and prepare for dinner." Link listened as he helped the man. "Thank you!" The man said.
As they finished up, the man payed one of the shippers, and sattled up on a small carriage. Link stayed quiet, and began to day dream again.

A few hours passed by as they rode into Hyrule Fields. Silence between both the man and Link lingered on.
"Something on your mind boy?" The man asked. Link looked at him with his light blue eyes and a crooked smile on his face. "I'm fine uncle, I'm just day dreaming is all." He answered. "Ah well that's nothing new" his uncle replied. "But what could you possibly be day dreaming about, is what I want to know." He giggled, before taking a swig of rum from a small leather flask.
Link ignored him and only gave a smile.

"A girl? Perhaps the one from the farm?" His uncle teased. "Whats her name? The pale one with the red hair!" He added. Link turned his head quickly and looked at his uncle with an annoyed expression. His cheeks began to blush with red, and he gave a small frown. "Aha that's it! She's the one isn't she?"

"No!" Link answered shamefully.

"Come on boy, you can tell me, theres no use hiding it!" His uncle teased once more. "I bet you can't wait to get back home so you can run off and go see her and those horses."

"Ugh, her and those stupid horses." Link muttered. "No I'm not thinking about her."

"Hmm... then perhaps... no..." his uncle put down his flask and looked at Link with a serious expression. Link looked back at him with concern and suspense. "Ahaha, don't be stupid Link!" his uncle bursted out laughing. Link's expression turned into confusion. "Please tell me it isn't the princess, Link! She's royalty, boy! There is no way in hell that you'd have a chance with her!" The jolly man continued to laugh.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?" The blonde boy shouted with anger. "That's my bestfriend you fool! I've known her since we were little, she's like my sister, you pig!" Link cursed.

"Pig? Hahaha, I'm not the one falling in love with a sisterly figure, boy!" His uncle replied with tears in his eyes from laughing too hard. Link clenched his fist, and slumped on the seat of the carriage, his face still red with embarrassment. "Whatever." Link muttered.

His uncle calmed down from the laughter, and placed his hand on Link's shoulder. "I'm just teasing, Link, there's nothing to be ashamed of. I know I can get carried away sometimes, just understand that it's all just a harmless joke, and that I love you." His uncle sighed with a smile and brought the flask up to his lips. Link reached for the flask and squeezed it as his uncle took a swig of rum. The rum rushed from his uncles mouth and into his nostrils. His uncle's eyes widened as he began to cough, and spit out the red liquid.
Link began to laugh uncontrollably as the carriage stopped. His uncle tried to reach for him, but failed as the boy slipped away and hopped out of the carriage.

"Link... you little... pest!" His uncle shouted while coughing.

As Link hopped off, he unlatched one of the horses from the carriage and hopped on it's back. "We're almost home Uncle, dinner will be ready when you get there." Link said with a smirk on his face.