Chapter 1

Mare
   It's been 3 months since I left Archeon and Cal and everyone else that is there tending to government issues. I tried to keep myself busy with training and Davidson offered me a job as a diplomat a couple weeks ago and told me that there was a meeting scheduled in a month that I will be attending. I don't know where the Premier got the idea to have me be a diplomat but that means I will probably go to Archeon more and that I will definetly see Cal. Cal.
     I am not sure if I am ready to see him yet but I know that won't matter the minute I see his amazing amber eyes that I fell in love with that night almost a year back in the Stilts.
   Right now, I need to focus on getting to Celia, my mentor, so I can prepare for the meeting at Archeon in less than 3 weeks. Most of my days have been spent with Celia getting me prepared for the peace agreement meeting. Everyday Celia teaches me what I need to know and how to get what we want so that we can call the meeting a success.
   When I get home everyone is in the kitchen, as usual. Mom and Gisa are finishing up cooking while Bree and Tramy set the table. Dad is standing in the corner and waiting until the food is ready so he can be the first to eat. I swear, he acts like he hasn't seen food before.
   While we eat, Mom asks me about my day and asks everyone else the same thing, like every night. We are all too busy eating to make small talk but Mom doesn't seem to mind.
   (///)
In the weeks leading to the trip to Archeon, I have been with Celia doing the usual and after my time with her Kilorn decides to come by on my way back to my house and joins us for dinner. Kilorn lives in an apartment by himself but Cameron is there most of the time with him. I don't know how, but I think Cameron and Kilorn have something going on between them. I mean, I'm happy for Kilorn but I never expected Cameron of all people, with Kilorn. I guess opposites do attract.

   I wake up to Kilorn beating on my bedroom door, waking up Gisa and I. Gisa is annoyed but rolls over and starts snoring once again as I open the door and sneak out closing the door carefully behind me. Kilorn drags me down the stairs and outside my house. Today is the day I leave for Archeon and Kilorn looks worried but I know he's not worried about me.
   "Mare, I need help."
   "What do you mean you need help?"
   "With Cameron."
   "What's wrong with Cameron?"
   "She wants to make us official. I don't know what that means!"
   "Kilorn, she just wants to be able to call you her boyfriend and tell people you're dating."
   "I don't understand."
   "SHE WANTS TO LOVE YOU FOR REAL, DUDE."
   "Oh, thanks Mare."
   "Is that the only reason you woke me up BEFORE DAWN!"
   "I figured that you would be busy later and I had to ask you before you left 'cause I didn't want to ask anyone else."
   "You have to get your shit together. Especially if Cameron wants you."
   We boarded the plane before we left after saying our goodbyes and packing our stuff onto the aircraft we finally were headed to Archeon. During the flight, I had so much going through my head that I made the others adjust in their seats as they watched my hands glow with the purple sparks I didn't realize had appeared.
   Thankfully, the flight wasn't too long but it was long enough. Once we stopped moving, the door opened and we all walked down the ramp staring into the crowd looking at all the faces. I was scanning the crowd as my eyes caught a glimpse of familiar eyes. Cal's. I froze as soon as our gazes met and I felt as though I had never left. But I wasn't sure if he felt the same way. When we made eye contact he shifted his body and looked almost uncomfortable as I tried to communicate through my eyes to him but I don't think he received the message.

Hey guys I am sorry if this chapter was terrible but I will gladly accept any feedback! I hope to have the next chapters posted soon!