Chapter 4

(1 month later)

Cal

Since that night so long ago, Mare has been distant. I mean she does have business to attend to but we've only snuck little kisses in a janitors closet a few times and she hasn't slept in my room either.

I have to push the thought from my mind because I can't spend all day thinking of her no matter how much I want to.

Mare

I have to go back to Montfort at the end of the week and I don't think it's a good idea. After that night at the cabin I've been trying to avoid Cal because I don't know how to tell him I'm pregnant. And I know it's his because, who else's would it be? I know once I tell him that I be stuck here forever but I don't know if that's a good thing or not yet but I will need to figure it out, and soon.

Cal has definitely realized I've been distancing myself but I don't know why he hasn't done anything about it. I know that I should have gone to him the other day when I found out but I didn't want him to freak out.

Cal

I have had enough of Mare avoiding me so when I saw her coming out of a meeting I knew that I had to get some answers.
"Mare, can we talk?"
"What Cal?"
"I miss you"
"Me too"
"Then why are you so distant? You're leaving soon and we haven't talked at all!"
"Cal, calm down. I'm just pregnant."
"You're WHAT!"
"pregnant"
I had no idea why she didn't tell me before.
"I only found out a couple of days ago. And why are you freaking out?"
"Why aren't YOU freaking out?" Then she took my hand and dragged me to my room

Mare

I had no idea how to handle this but I guess we're gonna have to figure it out. When we got to his room I started crying uncontrollably for no reason and Cal seemed a little freaked out because I dragged him to his room and stomped my feet the whole way.
"What are we gonna do Cal?" I asked as the sobs started to slow and I was able to catch my breath.
"We'll figure it out, I promise." He comforted me like he always does even though I wasn't crying anymore.

We layed together in his bed until he wanted to eat but I wasn't hungry, just exhausted. While Cal was eating I had fallen asleep so I guess he carried me all the way back to his room because the next morning I woke up in his arms and had to run to the bathroom which woke Cal. Stupid morning sickness.

Hey guys I hope you like the story so far I am open to ideas because I haven't decided how I want this story to go so let me know if y'all want me to put stuff in. I will try to add in the other characters but I was trying to have a couple of chapters for some marecal but thanks and don't forget to vote!