Chapter 8 - Diana vs. Ares

Diana:
*hears a noise behind her* Whose there?

She looks to see Sir. Patrick.

Diana:
Sir. Patrick?

Sir. Patrick:
You were right, Diana, they don't deserve our help. *takes off his hat* They only deserve destruction.

Diana:
*shankly* You..... your him....

Ares:
I am. But I am not what you thought I was.

Diana goes for her sword, but releases that she left it in Ludendorff's body, she quickly grabs it and lands back where she was at.

Ares:
I am not your enemy Diana. I am the only one who truly knows you. And who truly knows them as you now do. They have always been and always will be weak, cruel, selfish... ...and capable of the greatest horrors. All I ever wanted was... ...for the Gods to see how evil my father's creation was. But they refused.

Diana:
I am Diana of Temiscira...

Ares:
So I destroyed them.

Diana:
..daughter of Hippolyta... ...and I am here to complete her...

She goes to stab him, but he teleports to her left side. She goes to stab him again but this time he uses his hand to melt the sword.

Diana:
The God Killer...

Ares:
My dear Child.. ...that's not the God Killer. You are. Only a God can kill another God. Zeus left the child he had with the queen of the Amazons. ...As a weapon to use against me.

Diana:
No. You liar. I compel you to tell me the truth. *she wraps him in the Lasso of Truth*

Ares:
I am. I'm not the god of war, Diana. I am the God of truth. Mankind... ...Stole this world from us. They ruined it, day by day. And I, the only one wise enough to see it... ...was left too weak to stop them. All these years I have struggled alone... ...whispering into their ears. Ideas, inspiration for formulas... ...weapons... ...but I don't make them use them. They start these wars on their own. All I do is orchestrate an armistice I know they cannot keep... ...in the hope they will destroy themselves. But it has never been enough. Until you. When you first arrived I was going to crush you. But I knew that if only you could see... ...what the other gods could not... ...then you would join me, and with our powers combined... ...we could finally end all the pain, all the suffering... ...destruction they bring. And we could return this world to the paradise it was before them. Forever.

Diana:
I... I can never be a part of that.

Ares:
My dear, I don't want to fight you. But if I must...

Ares uses Zeus's lightning to make the little Watchtower they're in explode, causing Diana to fly a couple of feet in the air and land a few feet away from him.

You all look at where the tower exploded.

Charlie:
Oh my God! What are we supposed do!?

You:
There's not much we can do... If that's who I think it is. But we can stop that plane.

Diana grunts as she falls to the ground as Ares creates his armor out of the burning tower and with it two swords.

Charlie:
If we can get on the radio, we can ask flying Corps to shoot it down.

You:
No, if it crashes it'll take out everyone within 50 square miles, we gotta ground it!

Sameer:
Bad news! It's on a timer, if we take it out here it's the same thing.

You:
*after thinking for a moment* Is it flammable, Chief? *takes out a M1911, reloads it and cocks it*

Chief:
Yes, you said it's hydrogen? It's flammable.

You:
I need your guys to clear me a path to that plane.

Diana tries to kill him but Ares uses the environment to his advantage to take her down.

You ran over to Diana and told her that you love her and gave her your watch and the TARDIS key. You then start to run towards the plane.

Diana:
Doctor!

You continued to run towards the plane deciding to give your life so that the others may live to see the next day.

The guys plant the bombs in the munitions storage facility, it blows up.

Diana and Ares are still fighting each other.

Ares:
*who grabs Diana by the throat and flies up* Is that all you have to offer?

He throws her to the ground as he makes two tank tracks go to her and wrap around her, pinning her to the ground as she looks up to see the plane.

Diana:
*quietly* Doctor....

You take out your M1911 and aim it behind you at the chemical bombs.

You:
[Forgive me.] *you shoot the bombs, causing them to explode*

Diana:
NO!!!!!!

Diana in a rage of anger breaks out of her little prison and with inhuman speed takes down the German soldiers.

Ares:
Yes, Diana, take them all! Finally you see, look at this world. Mankind did this not me. They are ugly, filled with hatred, weak! Just like your precious Doctor! Gone and left you nothing! And for what? Pathetic! *starts to chuckle* He deserved to burn after what he did to his planet!

Diana tries to hit him, but Ares flings Dr. Mrau's car to her.

Ares:
Look at her and tell me I'm wrong!

Diana picks up a tank that's beside her.

Ares:
She is the perfect example of these Humans. And unworthy of your sympathy in every way. Destroy her, Diana. You know that she deserves it, they all do. Do it!

You:
Diana! *muffled* I have to go.

Diana:
What?

You:
I have to go.

Diana:
What are your saying. Doctor, whatever it is I can do it. Let me do it.

You:
No, it has to be me. I can save the today. You can save the world. I wish we had more time. I love you.

Diana:
Your wrong about them. *starts to walk towards Ares* They are what you say. But so much more.

She uses her bracelets to stop that swords and blasts Ares back.

Ares:
They do not deserve your protection! *uses Zeus's lightning bolt and throws it at Diana who uses her bracelets to absorb the energy*

Diana:
It's not about deserve. It's about what you believe. And I believe in love.

Ares:
Then I will destroy you!

He summons more lightning and shoots it at her, but to his surprise she just absorbs the lighting.

Diana:
Goodbye, brother.

She shoots it back to him, which goes through his body and kills him.