Niblet "Northern Brilli'vor"

*Camera pans over the Niblet set briefly appearing over the Map of the Foxtails world*

Julie: The Nyah is Back. Welcome to our little segment called the Niblet, where we give you a nibble on the latest scoop and all the expose you want. I'm your host Julie and this is my co-host... *Camera pans to the handsome boy with the bad attitude*

Flint: And I'm still looking for a new manager.

Julie: Today we are back with another hopefully tame, and far less emotional episode. Nyah.

Flint: Welcome to the Niblet now that Foxtails is over. We are here to cover everything that is happening in the meantime. We are going to wait until after the epilogues to cover things like news on the top adventurers, current events, and character facts.

Julie: But for today we are going to cover a few of the more mysterious and underappreciated members of our society. Nyah.

Flint: From the northern parts of the Brilli'vor Continent are the three nations of the Rabbits, the Demonkin, and the Dark elves. The most misunderstood distinction to be made is the difference between the Demons and the Demonkin. They share a common ancestor the Daemons.

Julie: Nyand we aren't talking about Demon beasts, so don't be confused.

Flint: Right, the Daemon race had a fearsome warrior lineage that originally served under the Devil Daigora'kine. However, the Age of the Phoenix changed everything. During one of the many wars against the Daemons, a faction of them rebelled against their own kind. When the war ended, the new faction was named after the Beastkin who took them in and they became the Demonkin of Brilli'vor while their old brothers remained the Joktande Demons.

Julie: That's why we call it the Age of the Phoenix, nyah it's an age where old prejudices were cast away for a new chance. The Demonkin are now allied with the Rabbits nyand have the only formal alliance with the reclusive Dark Elves. However, their kin the True Demons are a pride filled and hateful race.

Flint: I've met a few. Of all the races of this world, none are as dangerous as the Demons. Which is why I was called Blackbeard's Demon. They are stronger, faster, hardier, and have high magic affinity. An adolescent is the equal of ten trained humans. They are easy to spot, they are attractive beings with horns and tails, but they are dark obsidian or deep crimson. To differentiate themselves from the Demonkin they loathe, they tattoo their bodies. The obsidian ones have crimson tattoos and vice versa.

Julie: Over a thousand years the Demonkin mixed with those around them. They nyow have a variety of skin tones from light to blue, purple, red, and charcoal. They traded their extraordinary power and long lives for higher birthrates and a great kingdom.

Flint: While the Demons retain their age-old hatreds and constantly war with the Humans of Joktande, the Demonkin have fully integrated with the Brilli'vor residents. They picked up many of the traditions and techniques of the various Brilli'vor demi-human races.

Julie: In nyorder to understand the Demonkin, we must understand where they came from and where they live. You see the Demonkin live in constant preparation for the day the Demons will invade on mass and the numerous raiding parties don't help. But they also live in the coldest place on Brilli'vor, as it's winter half the year.

Flint: It's pretty impressive, really. They live in these tall black towering fortresses. You can see them for miles away, especially from the sea. They are the only nation that expands laterally. Up and down.

Julie: I've only read about them. But I've heard they are Architectural masterpieces and impenetrable fortresses all in one. They have a monarchy based off their old customs, nyah but it's adapted to their new way of living. They picked up living underground from their Dark elf neighbors, but as they dig they build up. Their capital is the tallest called the Spire nyand their Demon king is the Spire king. Each tower has a Tower Lord, but since there is both an above ground community and a below ground community they have an Overlord and an Underlord that report to the Tower Lord.