Chapter Thirty-Three

HAPPY BIRTHDAY paradisecityofgnr!! You're welcome <3

With Nikki's hand still held in mine, I felt my heart continue to skip a beat and the butterflies rush around in the pit of my stomach. I was sure Vince had purposely went for a drive in the tow truck, just to leave Nikki and I alone.

"Sue, are you okay?" Nikki softly asked as we walked along.

I was too busy mentally debating with myself to even notice we had stopped walking. I wanted to keep holding his hand, yet I wanted to let go and have my hand rested down by my side.

"I'm fine." I murmured, looking down at our hands.

"If I'm bothering you, just-" Nikki started, but I cut him off.

"Not so much bothering." I shook my head. "I'm just thinking, okay?" I let go of Nikki's hand and held it by my side.

Nikki looked disappointed that I had done such a thing, but not once did he question me or criticise me over it. "About what?" Nikki raised an eyebrow, his entire body was facing me.

"Many things." I hesitantly replied.

"Oh." He nodded. "Well, come on." He gestured me to follow again, he didn't look sad or happy, his expression was very mutual.

Following Nikki down the footpath, it was probably about ten minutes later until he stopped me again, this time he grabbed the pendant of the necklace he gave me and looked at it.

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows, a little surprised by his action.

"I'm just thinking, okay?" Nikki repeated the same sentence I had said, a small smirk playing on his lips as he did so.

"About what?" I slightly smiled, going along to whatever he was playing.

"Many things." His eyes met mine as he let go of my necklace. His fingers caressed against my hand as he gripped onto my wrist, immediately pulling me into another direction and across the busy road.

"Where are we going?" I demanded, a little unsure of what we were doing, especially with his grip around my wrist.

"Nikki!" I say in a louder tone, which caught his attention.

He gazed over his shoulder and gave me a sweet smile, one that sure melted my heart. "You'll see, beautiful."

~

It was about twenty minutes later that Nikki had dragged me down several blocks and to a small shopping centre. Still with his hand gripping on my wrist, he tugged me through the crowds of people until we stopped by a jewellers.

"Nikki? What are we doing here?" U furrowed my eyebrows, following Nikki into the shop.

Although, Nikki never replied, instead he spoke to the woman at the counter. "Hey, I was just wondering if you guys do repairs on jewellery?" Nikki tapped his fingers against the edge of the counter.

"We do, what is it that you need done?" The woman nodded her head.

Nikki turned to me, an arm wrapping around my waist as he brought me forward. "I bought my girl a necklace and for some reason our mate didn't quite appreciate it. So it's now missing a diamond, is there a chance we could get it repaired?" Nikki pointed to the necklace he bought me.

"Of course." She beamed, her eyes flickering between the pair of us.

"Great." Nikki grinned, turning to me and coming up behind me. Unclipping my necklace, he briskly handed the necklace over to the worker who beamed at us.