Chapter Thirty-Eight

It had to of been hours, hours since I had showered and gone to bed. I had no idea what the time was, but it had to of been the early hours of the morning, surely. Throughout the entire time, not once had I managed to fall asleep. My mind was too busy ticking over what happened tonight, where I was, and how much I wanted to tell Nikki how I felt, regardless if he knew.

Sitting up in bed, I buried my face in my hands. It was driving me insane, there was no chance of me sleeping, not one bit. Not since I was in a foreign bed, alone. I had grown so accustomed to sharing a bed, that having one all to myself was sending me mad. And just the thought of Nikki, being in the other bedroom, it was just too tempting. I wanted to crawl into bed with him, to snuggle up against him.

Kicking off the blankets, I slowly planted my feet onto the cool tiles, giving myself a second to wrap my head around what I was thinking. I wanted to join Nikki, I knew I wanted to. And not doing so was killing me.

You love him, you might as well tell him.

But I don't want to.

You know you want to join him.

Like hell do I.

My mind tinkered, the many voices of my self conscious screaming and carrying on at me. They weren't getting any quieter, not anytime soon.

Go on, just do it. What do you have to lose?

I got to my feet, slowly walking towards my closed door. Silently turning the door knob, I opened the door and walked further down the small hall in search for Nikki's room. Coming across Nikki's room in the dark, I noticed his door wasn't shut unlike mine. It was wide open, only inviting more positive thoughts about joining Nikki. I wanted to do it so fucking bad.

Inhaling, I slowly tiptoed into Nikki's room and climbed onto the bed. My heart was racing, my hands were trembling and my stomach seemed to be doing somersaults. Climbing under the blankets, I mozied up closer and cuddled against Nikki who was laying on his side.

Smiling to myself, I closed my eyes, enjoying my body contact with his. It sure seemed to relax me, I no longer felt so restricted and stiff. I was comfortable.

Feeling Nikki's arm slither around my waist, my smile widened even more. God I missed this, I missed him.

"What took you so long?" Nikki softly questions his lips trailing along my shoulder and neck, until he gently kissed the crook of my neck.

I felt a shiver run down my spine, as I really snuggled into Nikki's chest. I was pretty happy with myself right about now, that was a fact. "What do you mean?" I murmured.

"I didn't have the door open for no reason." Nikki answers sounding dreamy.

Feeling my face heat up and the smile increase on my face, I rested my arms over his arm, feeling safe in his embrace. Everything about this I missed. His scent, his warmth, the way he would cuddle me, his kisses, everything. For the first time in a long time, I felt like I was in my happy place and I was taking it for granted.

"Thanks Nik." I whispered.

"For what?" His voice was muffled from my shoulder and the back of my neck.

"For everything, especially for leaving your door open." I sighed.

"You shouldn't be the one thanking me. I should be thanking you." Nikki kissed my shoulder once again.

~

Fluttering open my tired eyes, I took a deep breath and slowly turned my body so that I was laying on my back.