Chapter 1: Arkham Asylum

It's been 6 months since the second Robin, Jason Todd, went missing.  Bruce Wayne has been searching relentlessly for him while Dick Grayson and Y/N L/N watched.  Both of them had still tried to find Jason even after all these months, but they both accepted that it was a near impossible task.  Every once in a while the new Robin, Tim Drake, would walk up to Dick and Y/N to ask if Bruce was still searching.  The only way they would answer was with a nod.  

Shortly after Barb had been shot, Y/N took up the role of being Batgirl.  It was obvious Bruce needed the help, especially after Jason went missing.  It was the only way they could keep him straight, by helping him during patrol or when someone got out of the asylum.  

"Bruce, it's been 3 months and Joker hasn't been seen anywhere?  It doesn't make any sense.  There's no way he left the city, right?"  You asked while taking a seat next to him in the Batcave.  He continued to watch the cameras in Gotham Underground, desperate to find some trace of green hair or a wide grin.  

"No, if he did, someone would've found out by now.  He's nowhere to be seen here though.  We had him in the Asylum three months ago, and he went missing only two weeks after that.  What happened?"  He said, mainly asking himself.  

"Is there any chance he's still in the asylum?"  

"Why would he be in the asylum still?" 

"To throw us off track.  He's hiding for now so that we don't find him.  He's planning something, whatever it is."

"So then what should we do about this?"  Bruce wasn't subtle that he was testing you so you can work on strategy.  He has planned for a long time that he would step down one day from being the Batman, he just needs to insure that Gotham will be safe once he does.  

"We can pull up a map of the island.  If he's still in the asylum, we can find certain locations that have been locked off for years.  In theory, nobody has found him yet, so chances are that he's hiding somewhere in a sealed off portion of one of the buildings."  You started thinking out loud.  

He nodded, before typing on the computer, pulling up one of the blueprints to the asylum from many years ago.  He then brought up a present blueprint and combined the two together.   Dick walked in shortly after this and watched you two.  "What are you doing?"

"Seeing if we can find Joker before he goes on a rampage and kills someone."  You replied.

"And he's somewhere in the asylum?"  

"Possibly.  Think about it, Dick.  The doctors told us that he went missing 2 and a half months ago, and he hasn't been seen at all this entire time?  Something's up, and I'm sure someone would have noticed a guy with green hair, white skin, and green eyes."  

"Good point.  But you're just going to explore every part of the asylum that's been locked?  The asylum expands onto that entire island and even goes underground.  How are you going to find him?"  

"I don't know yet.  But we'll figure it out."

~

The Joker walked through the empty halls of a part of the Intensive Treatment building.  Not a sound could be heard, it was that far away from people.  No one noticed when he left, Harley made sure of it.  When he stumbled out of his cell, Harley had the guards focused on another inmate who had started screaming his head off.  

The psychiatrists were too focused on helping him, that no one realized that someone else was sneaking out.  Harley deleted the recording for that night before she slipped into the dark.  Joker was out, as if he was never in the place to begin with.  For the two weeks he was stuck in a cell, Harley had to make sure Jason got the right treatment every night.

She wasn't as bad as Joker, if you count swapping the crowbar to the ribs to being shocked with a few thousand volts as easy.   She would shock him, beat him, and verbally abuse him, like he was just a little play doll.  In a way, that's all he was to her.  Just another victim before Joker gets bored and kills him.  

For six months, all Jason knew was pain.  Nothing kept him sane after the third month, not even the thought of seeing Y/N L/N again, who he recently started dating before this conundrum.  All he could think of was how it hurt to stay still, it hurt to breathe, it hurt to do anything.  It wasn't just physical though, mentally he was dead too.  Joker showed him the paper of Batman and Robin saving the day once again.  On another site, it showed the adopted daughter of Bruce Wayne suspected of dating the son of Lex Luthor.  It was like he never existed to anyone.  

He couldn't stand it.  He was going insane and he knew it.  Every once in a while, with a burlap sack over his head, he'd hear a door open and close.  Every time he would faintly ask if it was someone else, just not him, not her.  His hopes would rise and he believed that he'd finally be out, until he heard the dark chuckle of the Joker, the high pitched giggle of Harley, and sometimes, nothing.  

He lost track of time quickly, but he knew he'd been stuck in that room for months.  8 months, 2, he had no idea.  All he knew was that he was beaten senselessly, he'd cough up blood every day, sometimes even vomit blood.  Jason had no where to go, and even if the door was open wide for him to get out, he wasn't able to walk to it.  There was no way out, he just had to wait until Joker was finally done and ended him once and for all.  He didn't know when that would be, but he hoped it was soon.

Joker walked into the room, a grin on his face.  "Did ya miss me, Jay?"  He asked excitedly before laughing like there was no tomorrow.  

Jason winced and kept his eyes down to the ground.  There was no point in giving a remark anymore.  There was no point in telling Joker not to call him that.  All it would end up being was another scar on his back.  

"Say, does my mark still burn you anymore?  I need to make sure you still know you're mine!"  Jason lightly nodded his head.  Joker ran up to him and lifted his head by his chin.

"Well?  Say something, boy!" 

"It... It does."  He muttered. 

"Really?  I thought burns were supposed to go away after a while.  Let's try it out."  He took a gloved hand and pressed as hard as he could into the burned 'J' in Jason's cheek.  Jason let out a scream.  

It hurt so much, and all Jason could ask for was this to be over soon.  "Well, looks like it does hurt!"  Joker yelled happily.  

"Harley do enough to ya while I was gone?"  He grinned maniacally while he tightened the ropes on Jason's wrists that bound him to the wheelchair.  "I was hoping she would, it's the only thing she seems to be good at."  

"But not to worry, Uncle J is back and better than ever!"  

Jason couldn't cry anymore, he was numb.  There was no feeling except pain for him.  

"In a week we'll finish it all off.  You'll be going on TV, Jason!  Bats will see how you've been doing these past few months, like he ever cared."  He muttered the last part.

"Even that girl you mentioned once or twice about, Y/N, maybe I'll send it to her!"

"I'll make sure you go out with a bang, Jason!"  Joker left the room, and Jason couldn't help but smile at the idea of death.