#13 I Go Back To the Underworld, Rescue & My Boyfriend From Almost Dying

I could see him standing near the gate to Hades's house.
His dark shaggy hair blowing around his face in the wind.
Beside him, was a girl.
She was dressed in Greek armour and had eyes the same dark brown as Nico's.
Than, it hit me.
That was Bianca.
His sister.
The one he always had refused to talk about.
I felt my eyes start to burn from the wind pushing against me and was positive I was tearing up.
There was silence, except for the strong wind whipping across the black sand.
Looking back, I saw Annabeth struggling up the path, using her Yankees cap to somehow block the wind.
She was breathing fast, a look of determination in her eyes.
That's when I heard it.
A small, soft voice, over the whipping winds.
"Percy?"
Turning around in a circle, I tried to find out where the voice was coming from.
"Percy? It's me"
A pause.
"Nico"
My heart jumped into my mouth.
"Nico? Where are you?", I asked.
The wind was mixing with the black sand of the Underworld, making it impossible to see really anything, anymore.
He coughed, than.
"I'm by the gates, Percy."
He started coughing again.
"Please, hurry"
I didn't wait another second.
My eyes were still burning from the wind and sand, but I managed to push myself through the wind storm, towards the gates.
"Percy?", he asked again, this time his voice sounded nearer.
I couldn't see him so, I yelled: "Yes, Nico?!"
There was a brief silence than he spoke.
"I-I love you, Percy. I always have. I know I don't deserve you and that you deserve better like, Annabeth!"
My eyes glanced over at the orange distorted shape behind me, trudging slowly, still holding a baseball cap as a shield.
"Nico, I love you! Please, just believe me when I say that! I love you, Nico Di Angelo!"
The sand was swirling around me now.
Some got in my mouth, it tasted disgusting.
Like ash.
I closed my eyes tightly, wishing this were all a dream.
It wasn't.
"But, Percy, I can give you something not necessary better, but special. I can give you what I am Percy, and only hope that it will be enough for you! I love you too, Percy! So f**king much! But, if I have to lose you, than so be it! I'd do it for you!"
Tears were streaming down my face, as he said those words.
My vision was blurry, from my tears, but I somehow managed to catch a glimpse of him.
A black distorted shape, red marks carved into what I guessed were his arms.
"Nico, I love you so much!", I yelled into the wind.
"You don't have to be anyone else because, I love you, for you. You mean the world to me, Nico! Please, come back! I'm sorry!"
My body was shaking, okay maybe convulsing was a better word for it.
I felt a hand on my shoulder.
Annabeth.
She smiled slightly and hugged me.
"Go", she said.
"Go get him, Seaweed Brain!"
I laughed.
"Thank you, Wise Girl!"
Than, I ran so fast I was surprised I didn't collapse from exhaustion.
I pushed through the wind and sand, that was trying to push me back.
My heart pounding against my ribcage.
I didn't stop running until I saw him.
"NICO!", I yelled, almost tripping on a rock.
"PERCY!", he shouted back, his arms out to me, tears running down his face.
Plunging into his arms, he caught me and started sobbing and hugging me, tightly.
We stayed like that for several long moments, relieved to see each other, finally.
When we pulled apart, he suddenly kissed me.
Instantly, the winds stopped and all the black sand that had been swirling around, fell to the ground.
I held him close, as he kissed me harder, pushing us up so that he was leaning against the gate.
Annabeth, who was standing nearby, made a face of mock disgust and covered her eyes.
"PDA much!", she said, hitting my shoulder, after Nico and I broke apart from our make-out session.
"Shut up! He's my boyfriend!", I replied, sticking out my tongue.
She laughed.
"It's still PDA!"
My face went blank.
"What does 'PDA' even mean?"
She giggled and Nico joined her.
Clearly, he even knew.
"Oh, you really ARE a Seaweed Brain!", was all she said, once again breaking into a fit of giggles.
Nico giggled again, pointing at me, he was smiling.
"Yep, Perce definitely has a brain of seaweed!"
Annabeth nodded and they both collapsed into another fit of giggles.
I sighed.
Annabeth Chase and Nico Di Angelo.
Friends?
Who would've thought that?
Not me, but that didn't matter.
I was happy...