Blind Date at Nandos- Maddie and Niall

I was walking out of Nandos into the bright, crisp summer afternoon, a light wind rustling my hair a bit. I had had a blind date, my best friend set me up with him, but he had never shown up. I had sat in there for what felt like hours, but was only about forty minutes, just waiting for him. My friend said he would be wearing a red polo and had blonde hair, but I hadn't seen any blondes wearing red walking into the restaurant. I was tired of the waitor giving me flirty looks, figuring if I stayed any longer he would try to sit at my table. As I walked away from the restaurant, I kicked some stones around, trying not to be too disappointed.

"Maddie?" An Irish accent rang out from behind me, and I quickly turned around to see a boy with blonde hair, who also happened to be wearing a red polo.

"Wait, you're Niall? As in, like, Niall Horan?" I was shocked, how did my friend know Niall Horan?

"The one and only," he grinned, showing his cute braces, and spread his arms out wide.

"I, um, ok she forgot to mention that little detail..." I stuttered, not sure of what I should say.

"Oh, well, do you still want to go to Nandos with me?" he asked sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh, yeah of course! I would love to!" I grinned reassuringly, linking his arm with mine and heading back into the restaurant. The waitor who kept staring at me before had his mouth hanging down to the ground when he saw Niall, either in shock since he was famous, or that I was with him. Either way, I gave a satisfied smirk.

"Table for two please," Niall said in his thick Irish accent that I really, really adored.

"Yeah whatever," the waitor grumbled, taking two menus and walking away. I glanced at Niall, who shrugged and started following him. He took us back to the table I was sitting at just moments before, my water still on the table.

"Is it too much to clear the table first?" Niall asked, staring at the water. The waitor gave him a glare, not happy with his snarky comment. Well, too bad, I thought, remembering how rude the waitor was before.

"Oh, no, that's my water. I was sitting at this table before," I told Niall, already sitting down in my same seat.

"Yeah, about that, I'm really sorry I'm late love. I got really lucky, seeing you outside," Niall said as he sat down, a guilty look in his eyes. The waitor huffed and left without saying anything else, which was alright with me.

"Yeah, it's no big deal," I replied nonchalantly. The important thing was that he was here now.

"No, it is. I was late, by almost an hour. Any other girl would have left after ten minutes, but you stayed. Why?" he asked, his eyes glimmering with an unreadable emotion.

"I figured, with my luck, right when I left you would come... And that's kinda what happened," I said with a small smile, wondering if I was psychic or something.

"Are you psychic or something?" Niall asked, making me jump in surprise.

"Um, no, but I think you are. That's exactly what I was thinking!"

"Ah, so you found out my secret power, eh?" he said with a wink, making me giggle.

"Hello! Welcome to Nandos, I'm Mandy and I'll be your waitress. Can I start you off with something to drink?" I raised my eyebrows in surprise- I thought Mr. Pervy Grumpypants was our waitor...

"I'll just have some water," Niall said, looking at me the whole time.

"And, um, I'll have the same," I told Mandy, giving her a small smile. She looked about 17, my age, and she was really pretty, yet Niall wasn't even paying attention to her.