Chapter 18

Chanelle's P.O.V

"Before you start eating, I have something very important to ask you..." He says while getting on one knee.

If he's doing what I think he is doing I can't believe him. We're so young, I can't get married.

"Will you-" I cut him off.

"Zayn were absolute too young I-"

"Will you accept this promise ring?" He asks and a huge sigh of relief escapes my mouth.

"For a moment there I thought you were proposing..." I say while chuckling.

"Well..." He pushes.

"Oh right, Of course I will accept it." I say and engulf his body into a hug. I grab his face and smash my lips onto his. I want to intensify the kiss but then I remember we are in a public place. I pull away reluctantly and Zayn bites his bottom lip. I smile while blushing, I wasn't expecting that.

Zayn takes a hold of my hand and slides the beautiful ring onto my ring finger. I peck Zayn's lips one last time before giving him yet another hug.

"I just wanted to let you know I plan on keeping you in my life for a while and I do plan on making you Mrs.Malik but we are far to young to get married. However, we aren't to young to make a promise." He says while sitting back down in his chair.

"I love you." I whisper.

"Why'd you have to whisper it?" He asks.

"I don't know, just cause." I reply and he shakes his head.

"I love you Chanelle Rose!" He shouts earning him weird looks from other costumers. I send them an apologetic look while laughing.

"Well dig in." Zayn says taking a slice of pizza, I follow his actions.

All of a sudden my phone rings and my mom's number appears on the screen. I excuse myself from the table and head to the ladies room.

"Hello." I say into the phone.

"Chanelle oh thank goodness you answered." She says in her panic voice.

"Whats wrong?" I ask.

"Blane was having a hard time breathing and was screaming hysterically, I didn't know what to do so I called the ambulance and I'm at the hospital. Come quick." She says.

"I'm on my way." I say and rush back to the table.

"Blanes in the hospital, we need to leave." I say. Zayn nods his head leaving money on the table. We run out the doors and I take off in the hospitals direction. Zayn is running right by my side. I wish we would have drove instead of walking to the restaurant.

I quicken my pace and Zayn does the same.

We finally get to the hospital after a good thirty minutes of non-stop running. I run into the emergency room and straight up to the front desk.

"Can I go back and see my daughter." I say out of breath.

"Name?" The receptionist asks.

"Blane Tatum Styles." I say trying to regain my oxygen.

"I will escort you to where she is located." The women says while walking around the desk and over to a door where she motions us in.

The hallway is lined with bed and patients in them. We make a right and go down another hallway. At the very end I spot my mother and a empty hospital bed.

"Where's Blane?" I ask.

"A doctor took her straight away for emergency surgery. He said that by his judgment whatever was going on was really serious." My mother explains.

I sit down on the bed and let the salty tears pour from my eyes. I thought that things were finally better and that my daughter was going to be ok.

I feel a pair of arms wrap around my body.

"Shh, everything will be ok." Zayn coo's in my ear. I push him off of me.

"No! Nothing is ever ok anymore." I say before standing up and running to the nearest bathroom.

I shut the door and it automatically locks. My back slides against it and I allow my body to fall to the floor. I bring my knees up to my chest and just ball.

There's a knock on the door, "The nurse is here and would like to speak with you." It was my mother.

I stand up and wipe my tears off my face. I open the door and my mom has a sympathetic look on her face.

I pass by here and make my way to the nurse.

"The doctor is in the middle of her operation right now. The tumor which was removed, was never completely removed. He found another source of cancer on the right side of the rib cage. It's growing rapidly." She explains.

"What's going to happen?" I ask.

"Once the surgery is over we are going to be keeping her here in the ICU." The nurse tells me.

"For how long?" I ask.

"Well we aren't sure. Patients that have had this same type of Ewing Sarcoma have had to stay up to a year. I'm sorry but these types of things never seem to end well." She says before walking away.

"My baby is dying. She is dying." I say and collapse into Zayn's arms. I have no idea what to do, there's nothing I can do which simply kills me.

The most precious gift I have ever received is now being slowly stole from me.

"I will go call Harry." My mom says before walking away. Zayn continues to hold me tight, he sways back and fourth soothing me.

"Baby, I am going to be here for you." He whispers and I just nod my head.

 Zayn releases me from his arms and I sit down on the hospital bed. I wonder how Harry is going to react.

I watch all the nurses and patients in the hallway. All of the patients have pain written all over their faces. I always catch myself wondering what their story is, what are they going through.

I've came to the conclusion that Blane isn't going to make it to much longer. I know I shouldn't think that way, but I have to be realistic and stop daydreaming.

"Chanelle." I look up and meet Harry's bloodshot emerald green eyes.

I run up to him and hug him. He begins to cry which causes me to the same.

"I know it's going to be hard, but we need to be strong for Blane's sake." Harry says kissing my cheek.

I hold on to him and continue to let a sea of tears fall out of my eyes.

 •••••••••••••••••••••

Comment your thoughts about this chapter.

If any of you know of any Calum Hood fanfics that I should read please let me know because I need some new ones.

Vote.

Also, I reached 1k votes on 'Goody Two Shoes' a while ago but never got the chance to say thank you to all who have voted.

Loooove you all!

Bye.

-stevee xx