Chapter 7: The Last Chapter

A/N: This is the last chapter of Resurgent. Yes, I have changed the title and making this the end of the book. I know, it is a very short book, I had to cut it off at some point for school. The story will continue into Convergent, which I haven't started yet. I might not start Convergent right after this because of school; however, there will be REALLY slow updates (maybe once or twice a month or every other month, even rarely, it depends) Instead of me talking about the future, you should read this last chapter.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

POV: Kevin

"What is that supposed to mean?" Hannah raises her voice at me. She continues, "It is her damn fault for not knowing how to keep up with things and stop losing shit, how the fuck is it hell on us?"

"Hannah, let me explain.

"Let you explain?" She starts, "You don't know what the hell you are talking about. talking about some 'hell on us' bullshit is not going to solve anything. See you later, Kevin.'

____________

I didn't know what to say to Hannah. I was always told me that I don't know what I'm talking about sometimes and look where it got me.

_____________

I have to finish reading Othello by Shakespeare for homework tonight and while I am doing it, I am occasionally distracted by the trouble I have caused my friends over the past week. It will be best for all of us if I apologize for all of my troubles and we would have a better friendship.

___________

"I am really sorry for being invested in such a lie, fairy tale, whatever you want to call it, I just want to put everything aside and be better friends," I tell my friends at lunch

"That's a great idea Kevin," she says, "I wish I could say 'I told you so', but that would be very rude of me." We all laugh in unison. "Let's head to the courtyard."

We head out of the cafeteria door and I hear someone scream "My journal!" Right when she says it, because the voice definitely sounds like a girl voice, a voice that I heard before. We all somehow fall standing up, not tripping, but falling straight down, like falling in your sleep, but believe it or not, we are falling into a journal that I now realized dropped in the cafeteria, into a world that might seem like a dream, but really is, the world of Divergent, just where I left off.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N: I hope you have enjoyed this entire book. Make sure you add Convergent to your library/reading lists. After Convergent is completed (I don't know when) make sure to add Emergent, the third book in this fanfiction series, which I definitely haven't written yet, because I have to write Convergent first. It has been a great pleasure writing this, and I should see you in Convergent, or anything I write (it doesn't have to be Divergent, I might write something on the side, maybe like a non-fanfiction short story of some sort.)