11. Part of the Body

I am a member of Christ's body.

"Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it."
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭12:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬

You are certainly not alone as a Christian but part of the world wide church, the body of Christ! The part you play is unique and much needed. It can be fine attending an online church or just reading the Bible at home but attending a church as often as you can, allows you to be involved and to grow alongside other believers. You will also be able to support others and in turn be supported when needed.

"Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work."
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:15-16‬ ‭NIV‬‬

It's so encouraging to be part of a church —worshipping God as well as learning and growing together week by week. There are also many ways we can serve God within a church and together show His love for others in the community.

"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching."
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10:24-25‬ ‭NIV‬‬

If you haven't found a church to attend in the area you live, just ask God to guide you to the right place. Be discerning —not all churches are the same! It's helpful to have a look at their website and check out the 'what we believe' information. It should be something like this:

* We believe the Bible is the Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit. All our beliefs are consistent with what God has told us in the Scriptures.
*God reveals Himself as three persons, equal in power and glory: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
*God the Father is Creator of all that has been made, perfect, completely good, a loving father seeking a relationship with His children.
*Because of this God gave His Son, Jesus, to become a man, to show us what God is like, and how we should live to please Him, and to take our punishment for sin.
*The Holy Spirit lives in the believer, empowering each one to be like Jesus.
*God created us in His own image, capable of a relationship with Him. This relationship is tested by the temptation of Satan, and broken by the rebellion of all people.
*God desires restoration of that relationship and sent His only son Jesus into the world. After dying on the cross for the forgiveness of our sins, Jesus was raised on the third day allowing us to live with God in heaven for eternity. His promise is that He will return again.
*We encourage people to respond to Jesus by making a commitment to Him and to observe His teachings, living a life that glorifies God.
Some of the ways we express our faith are:
*loving God and loving others
*demonstrating God's heart for mission to the world
*reading the Bible and praying
*promoting unity with all God's people
*baptism by immersion in water
*celebrating communion

Say   - I am God's Child
- I am chosen by God and adopted
- I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins
        - I have been justified
        - I am a co-heir with Christ
        - I am God's handiwork
        - I am free from condemnation
        - I am a temple of God and His Spirit and His life lives in me
        - I am a member of Christ's body

Prayer:

Heavenly Father,

Thank You that it is Your plan that I be part of the church, Your body, so I can worship You as well as learn and grow with other Christians. Help me to serve You faithfully in the church You lead me to,

In Jesus' Name,
Amen.

"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!" 1 John‬ ‭3:1‬a NIV‬‬