Chapter Eight - Fire and Ice

Lilah!"  I exclaimed. "Y-Your arm!

Her left arm was fully exposed and bleeding, with steam coming out of her skin.

“It’s alright.” she smiled at me. “It’s just a scratch.”

Awe. I was so close!” Shanna frowned. “Look what you did! You destroyed a part of my kingdom!”

Shut up, Shanna! If you ever touch her again, I’ll--”

“What? You’ll kill me with those pesky little insects of yours?” Shanna laughed evilly. “You are no match for me, Lilah. Ever since we were young, you’re always behind me. You can never outmatch my power.”

Tsk!

“Now... Where were we? Ah, yes! Quenie...” she grinned.

Lilah grabbed me and escaped the wrecking room. Imperator came out from the trees and caught us. Shanna was very furious.

“You think you can escape from me?” She snapped. She stretched her arms and threw more fireballs at us. Lilah deflected them using her ice powers.

“Imperator, take Quenie to the fairies.” Lilah ordered.

“W-Where are you going?!”

“I’m going to slow her down.”

“But--”

“Don’t worry about me. I’ll catch up with you, eventually.”

“Lilah!”

She leaped off Imperator and landed both feet on the ground. She looked at me one last time. I witnessed how the color of her eyes changed; those pair of gentle blue jeweled eyes turned into bloody red and mystique purple.

Be careful.” I said through my mind.

I will.

Lilah called out her butterflies and sent them to ensure my safety.

I was flying farther and farther away from her when I looked back. Then. Another explosion. It came from her direction. The wind became chilly and hot over and over again. Imperator was forced to land on the branches of a giant tree nearby.

We saw everything that happened. The sisters unleashed their powers, causing destruction with each and every blow.

Shanna was near in breaking Lilah’s Ice Barrier. But Lilah didn’t gave in. Lilah summoned an Ice Drake to aid her. Shanna was envious. She called upon her Fire Serpent to fight against Lilah’s Ice Drake. The two monsters fought against each other, the Fire Serpent wrapped it’s self around Lila’s Ice Drake. But Lilah’s Ice Drake was very fast and clever; it unleashed a very powerful blizzard and turned Shanna’s Fire Serpent into nothing but steam. It flew swiftly on top of Shanna and swallowed her up.

“Go, Lilah!” I cheered from afar. Lilah looked exhausted, using all her power against her sister.

The Ice Drake flapped it’s strong cold wings and melted and turned into a huge shinny chunk of ice. The tension stopped.