Chapter Thirteen - Spawn of Darkness

A/N: Sorry for the late update today.  My family and I went to church this morning. Anyway, I hope you're all doing well (^v^). And please don't forget to vote if you like this story (^v^).

...

Helias and the fairies fired orbs of light into darkness and carved our way in. But as darkness dispersed, creatures from our nightmares revealed themselves from hiding. From werewolves and vampires, ghouls and goblins, the Fenrir Wolf, the Nuckelavee, Minotaur, Knucker, Gorgons, the Aswang, Manananggal, Ekek, Wakwak, Orcs, the Adaros, and the undead. Thousands of them surrounded us. We heard a loud roar coming from the distance. The dark creatures let out a loud chaotic scream and charged towards us.

The elves rained the sky with their arrows. The dwarves whacked their hammers onto the zombies. Sekhmet battled with the Fenrir Wolf, and Dette with the Nuckelavee. The Weretiger tossing those in his path away. The enemy’s numbers were depleting.

We’re winning!” Mikaleus stated, cutting off the heads of the Naga Sirens.

Or so we thought.

The moon turned from bloody red to chaotic purple, followed by a bellow coming from the distant mountains. It sent chills down our spine. It got louder and louder every second. Then it stopped.

There was silence in the battlefield. We had our eyes on that mountain where a giant monstrous hand had crushed it into pieces.

Our courage faded as we watched it immerge from the shadows. It’s sharp teeth and claws reflected the chaotic moon’s glow, were sharper than any blade forged by the most skillful blacksmith. It’s skin was covered with thick scales darker than the darkness that surrounds it. It’s tail was long and had a sharp pointy edge. It’s eyes were pitch black with a tiny white dot in the middle. It had four horns on his head; two between the mouth and another two on top. The stomping of its feet made the grounds quake. The monster stood taller than the tallest mountains in the land.

“W-What is that?” I gasped out of fear.

It turned it’s head at us, then to the Jevera Tree, then to me. It gave a hideous grin and opened it’s mouth widely. A dark glowing orb formed inside it and grew bigger and bigger.

“Run...” said Magnus the blue mage. “Quenie, run!

I wanted to run but my legs wont move. I was apprehended by it’s chaotic presence.

The monster swallowed the dark orb. The gap between it’s scales lit with purple. The moment it opened it’s mouth again, it unleashed a very powerful beam and vaporized everything in its path.

I thought it was the end of us. But no. Something blocked that monster’s attack. It was...

...A thick wall of ice.

A/N: *ehem* VOCABULARY TIME!!!! \(^o^)/

Werewolf - a person who changes for periods of time into a wolf, typically when there is a full moon.

Vampire - a corpse supposed, in European folklore, to leave its grave at night to drink the blood of the living by biting their necks with long pointed canine teeth.

Ghoul - an evil spirit or phantom, especially one supposed to rob graves and feed on dead bodies.

Goblin - a mischievous, ugly, dwarflike creature of folklore.

Fenrir Wolf - also called Fenrisúlfr,  monstrous wolf of Norse mythology. He was the son of the demoniac god Loki and a giantess, Angerboda.

Nuckelavee -  is a horse-like demon from Orcadian mythology that combines equine and human elements. Originating in Northern folklore and the most horrible of all the demons of the Scottish islands, its name may be a progenitor of that by which Satan is sometimes known, Old Nick. The nuckelavee's breath can wilt crops and sicken livestock, and the creature was held responsible for droughts and epidemics on land despite its being predominantly a sea-dweller.

Minotaur - In Greek mythology, the Minotaur was a monster with the body of a man and the head and tail of a bull.

Knucker - is a dialect word for a kind of water dragon, living in knuckerholes in Sussex, England. The word comes from the Old English nicor which means "water monster" and is used in the poem Beowulf.

Gorgon - each of three sisters, Stheno, Euryale, and Medusa, with snakes for hair, who had the power to turn anyone who looked at them to stone.

Aswang - is a vampire-like mythical creature in Filipino folklore and is the subject of a wide variety of myths and stories. Spanish colonists noted that the Aswang was the most feared among the mythical creatures of the Philippines, even in the 16th century.

Manananggal - Manananggal is an aswang that can fly after separating itself from the lower half of its body. It eats babies and fetuses from a mothers womb. This creature's name was derived from the Filipino word, tanggal, which means "to separate" because of the manananggal's ability to separate itself from its lower body.

Ekek - are creatures who are bird-like humans. They are winged-humans who at night search for victims. They hunger for flesh and blood. It is like a Harpy.

Wakwak - Wakwak is assumed to grab humans at night as its prey, just like Manananggal and the Ekek who can fly. It likes to haunt in the rural areas of the Philippines. The Wakwak has no ability to separate its torso from its body. Some people believed that it is a night bird that belongs to a witch. The Wakwak makes a sound by flapping its wings whilst flying. The sound that it produced is typically linked to the presence of an Unglu (vampire) or Ungo (ghost or monster). The Wakwak’s sound also indicates that it is searching for victims. When the sound is loud, it means that it is far from you. If not, then it is near you and ready to attack. The Wakwak rips and maims its victims and then feeds on their hearts. The old folks described the Wakwak as creatures with long sharp talons and a pair of wings just like bats. Its talons or claws are used in slashing its victims in order to retrieve their hearts.

Orc - a member of an imaginary race of humanlike creatures, characterized as ugly, warlike, and malevolent.

Adaro - malevolent merman-like sea spirits found in the mythology of the Solomon Islands. Adaro is a unique creature that lived in the Pacific Ocean. The Adaro is very dangerous. Said to arise from the wicked part of a person's spirit, an adaro is described as a man with gills behind his ears, tail fins for feet, a horn like a shark's dorsal fin, and a swordfish or sawfish-like spear growing out of his head. They may also travel in waterspouts and along rainbows.

Undead - technically dead but still animate.