Chapter Three - Lost in the Woods

It was a cloudy afternoon when Lilah visited me again. It’s been three days since the last time she came to see me. As usual, she wore an elegant dark robe with glittering silver.

“You’ll move to my place starting tomorrow.” Lilah said, taking a sip from a cup of apple juice.

“Wait. Isn’t this your house?” I asked.

“No, it’s not.”

“Then, whose house is this?”

She was silent, looking at her reflection in the apple juice. Her face looked sad as if she remembered something from her past.

“I’m sorry I asked.” I apologized.

“No. It’s alright.” she said with a cold voice. “Anyway, you shouldn’t get out of this house until tomorrow.”

“Why?”

“The moon is red.”

I didn’t get what she said. She took the last sip and put the cup into the sink.

“I’ll be heading now.” she smiled, trying to ease the tension.

“Oh, okay.”

“Remember: Don’t come out. Especially at night.”

“I understand.”

I lied.

I left the house when evening came. I was curious about what she said; the moon is red. What does that even mean? And why did she warned me not to leave the house? Does it had something to do with me?

I just kept on running with nothing but a leaf-lamp with me. Before I knew it... I was lost. Inside the dark woods.

“How did I get here?” I asked myself. I didn’t remember crossing the stream that separates the forest and the dark woods.

A/N: Sorry for the short update. *sigh* Cliffhanger again? :3