Chapter Fourteen - Tainted Ice

"I’m sorry for making you guys worry...

That voice...

We turned around only to see a black figure hidden behind the forest shade. The veil lifted as she walked and we were able to recognize her.

She walked towards us looking frail and weak. Her robe was torn, showing the scratches on her skin. Her once braided silver hair was now loose. Her body tilted and lost balance.

“Lilah!” My legs moved on it’s own. I ran towards her and caught her in my arms.

Quenie... It’s good to see you’re doing fine.” She said with her cracky voice.

Lilah! You-You...

I barely made it out.

Lilah!” Dette and the others came. “You made it out!

“How did that happened?”

The ice...” she pointed to the thick wall of ice that appeared to be a giant icy dome that kept the monster frozen inside.

Gah!” Lilah cried in pain. Darkness soiled through her blood and skin and her very being from within.

“Lilah! What’s going on?”

She pushed us away with only a wave of her hand.

Stay away from me!” she cried. “It’s not safe. I’m not the same as I was before. Please... I don’t want to hurt anyone of you.

I tried to grab her, but I was stopped by a dark fireball coming from my left. It almost hit us.

S-Sister? Y-You’re alive?” Lilah dropped to the ground. “I... I thought you...

Shanna approached her sister with a sinister smile on her face. Lilah wasn’t able to move. The darkness inside her paralyzed her whole body.

“Don’t worry little sister.” Shanna said, caressing her sister’s face. “It will all go away once the transformation is complete. For now, just endure the pain. It will only take a minute. After that, no one can ever take you away from me.”

Shanna formed a cage made from her black flames.

NOOO!!!

The cage enveloped Lilah and trapped her inside a cocoon of darkness.

“Now where were we? Ah, yes!” She glanced at us with a devious smile.

Shanna drew her sword and set it ablaze.

“Get back, Quenie.” Dette and Helias stood in front of me.

“There’s no need for that, you fools.” said Shanna. “I have no time for you weaklings. For now, I will let Neko deal with you.”

A hooded person jumped in front of us. Shanna took with her the cocoon and headed to the crushed mountain, where the frozen monster lies.

A/N: ...And, I have a bad news for everyone. *ehem* Starting today, updates for this story will be on Sundays. Sorry, I have no time on weekdays because of school works and exams. Hoping for your kind consideration (T^T) I'm so sorry *cries*.