Chapter Seventeen - The Tides of Battle

Artemia, the leader of the Braveheart clan, riding on a dark beast with white mane, together with Dette and the other commanders led the battle against the forces of darkness on the grounds and waters. The warriors found an opening and charged against the dark creatures.

Then a strong wind blew towards the mountains. The water was drawn by the wind and formed into a huge tidal wave.

Get back!” Artemia raised her shield. The tidal wave was closing in. Everyone hurried to the higher grounds.

“Helias, use your barrier!”

“Right away.”

Helias recited an incantation.

“Hurry, Helias! Only a few seconds left, and we’ll be--!”

We braced for impact. The tidal wave hit an invisible wall and waved back and forth. Out from the water, came out Leviathan and Bakunawa, The charged from the waters and hit the invisible wall with all their strength.

“Nice timing, Fairy princess warrior.” Artemia praised Helias. “Good job, everyone, for fighting bravely tonight.” She continued. “But the battle is not yet over. The barrier will only hold for less than an hour.”

“What are the plans, Artemia?” asked Mikaleus.

“We can’t defeat those water creatures unless we get rid of the water first.” Artemia replied.

“How do we do that?”

Artemia looked above the sky and waved her shield. The man in golden armor nodded.

“Lennalth and his dragon army knows exactly what to do.”

We looked up to the sky and watched Lennalth and his army of dragons swarm the enemies. Bakunawa and the Leviathan jumped from the waters and snapped the approaching dragons. Some of the smaller dragons were eaten. Fire came out from Hydra’s seven heads, but the dragons’ flames were stronger. The Hydra was badly burnt and dove into the water to heal itself.

The Chimeras charged from above and fought with the larger dragons by their flames. The Griffins and the Hippogriffs soared up in the night sky and chased the Chimeras away.

Everyone below cheered for them.

Victory is on our side!” they said.

“You think so?” said Artemia. “Lennalth is not yet finished.”

Up in the sky, Lennalth’s enormous dragon flapped its large wings and created large tornadoes. It sprayed scorching flames to the tornadoes and to the waters. The dark water creatures were immobilized when the waters were dried up. That moment, Helias’ barrier disappeared.

“Now’s our chance. CHAAAAAAARGE!” Artemia gave her command.

Everyone, may it be in the night sky or on the ground charged at the enemies with a loud battle cry.