10 years later/Epilogue

Smiling, I sat on the terrace and watched Jessica chase Jonathan across the garden. With her proud six years she was a lot faster than Joni, who counted only three years until now. In order for you to understand the whole situation, you should be aware that Jessica and Jonathan are my children. Lockwood and I had given up endless staring three years after the Penelope Fittes incident and went for it. In plain language, that meant we got married. A year later, our daughter Jessica was born. Jonathan followed three years later.
As the skull said, our psychic abilities had remained. Of course we made use of this gift and continued with the agency. Officially, Lockwood and I served as consultants. Unofficially, of course, we were there at ever case every time... and miraculously, Lockwood was still alive! The skull was also right about the white strands of hair. I had three more, and Lockwood had two more. While most adults would remove such signs with a regular visit to the hairdresser, we both thought nothing of it.
Ten years ago we ended Marissa's reign of terror. Therefore a big garden party was planned to which all our friends were invited.
Not only in my life a lot happened in the last years, but we all... had grown up, so to speak.
George had also gone on the offensive a few days after the mausoleum incident and had set off for the Thames with a rose. There he had stayed for the night and the next day he had sat down at the table grinning like a Cheshire cat. A week later he finally introduced Florence Bonnard as his girlfriend. Flo is now called Florence Cubbins and was the mother of a lovely straw blonde boy named Fred.
One month after the mausoleum Holly had introduced us to her girlfriend Olivia. These two have been living together for about eight years now.
And now to Kipps, who had surprised us all the most. On a road trip through America he met an impressive redheaded American man; Elias. He came back to London with Kipps and now lives with him in a pretty house just outside London.
Well, there's one missing... the skull. He's been tearing through the world ever since he was free. However, he never stays away for more than a week and usually stays a week until he leaves again. Together with Jessica, who inherited her father's psychic ability of sight, he spends most of his time.

..........*****..........

I laid the table calmly when the first guest announced himself: Kipps. Together with Elias he joined the garden. From his appearance one cannot say that he had changed in the last years. He still wore dark turtlenecks and black jeans in his spare time. Elias, on the other hand, looked smart as always with his extravagant canary yellow suit.
"Hello, Tony!"
"Hello Quill, long time no see!" Lockwood just came out of the kitchen with one of my salads and put it on the table.
Little by little more and more of our friends came, until the garden had finally filled up. The children played and we talked about our most common topic: The plague of spirits.
When Marissa died, several other spirits of different types disappeared as if they were connected to her. Which, frankly, wouldn't have surprised me either.
Nevertheless, the plague had of course not completely disappeared. There were still enough exciting or less exciting cases that were of great benefit to our agency.
George was still the best ghost investigator and in the background, Holly was responsible that all our appointments were managed, Kipps now served mostly as an advisor but still participated in cases and Lockwood and I were, as mentioned before, the main agents.

Yes, we had all changed, but our hearts remained the same. The past experiences had brought us together and will be remembered forever. We were the best team I could imagine... and I loved every member of it.

The end

Thank you all for reading my story and also voting for it❤️ It was a really big project and I hadn't thought that this would ever end with such a success for me! Thanks, that means a lot!!