★ campfires and dinner★

Keith is to his right, Allura on his left. Pidge and Hunk next to Allura, Shiro Romelle, and Krolia next to Keith. The campfire crackles in the middle, barely noticeable beneath the paladins loud laughter.

But for Lance, that fire is the loudest thing for miles.

He'd learned to block out the other paladins almost completely from his mind during these dinners. At the start Lance would try to contribute to the conversation - usually he was ignored. So, he stopped. He even stopped smiling and nodding along like Keith did before he left.

Lance just stopped everything.

He didn't smile, laugh, speak or cry. He just started at the fire and listened to how it popped and crackled.

He used to feel sad, betrayed, angry at the other paladins (especially Pidge and Hunk) for excluding and ignoring him, but ever since Keith came back, he just felt empty.

He remembers the overwhelming sadness and loneliness that he feels when Keith left, and how he cried himself to sleep the night Keith came back and brushed him off. He expected to feel relieved and happy to have someone by his side again, but now he didn't even have that. And he didn't feel anything.

He was empty.

Lol I wrote this in 5 minutes as a little vent so it sucks but HERE also I'm 99% done with Alex pt 2. So it'll be up soon!! I just have so much homework ok gn